hmm...anyone playing any MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kgentatszu], Dec 1, 2004.

1. topbob

topbob New Member

i play WoW and am going to be playing GW too.
    find me on Lightning's Blade as Themis :)

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I sure wish I could get deep into MMORPGs now, but my folks just won't let me, and for a good reason too. I'm a person who'll just sit there, playing and playing for hours upon hours. So, I'll in effect never get any work done - I just don't know when to stop. :lol:

So I usually dig in during the holidays, never sooner and never later. :)

3. val_parthen

val_parthen New Member

The MMOFPS is Planetside.

I played that for a bit, but quit due to hardware issues (9700 Pro died :( ). I still miss the game, it was a great idea and pretty fun. In my opinion there wasn't enough to it, through -- inventory coulda been better, levels could mean more.

Still plenty fun.

I played City of Heroes for the last half of last year, but recently quit (goodbye Sir Aldrech, level 25 :( ) because it was boring when I wasn't playing with friends, and all of my friends now play World of Warcraft. So I, too, play WoW. :b

I want to try Planetside again someday, though. It really was fun.

I figure I can afford 1 monthly fee game at a time. If I get a job or win the lottery or something, then I'll pick up a second. :) Like Matrix Online. I want to try that so bad. :/

And I'll definitely be playing GuildWars when it comes out. No monthly fee!

4. tracer01

tracer01 New Member

Played daoc for a long time and now started WoW for those that say it costs to much they dumb cos you buy the game lets say 50 euro you pay like 15 eu per month MAX (first month is always free) lets say you played a year got max levvel all nice stuff you bored of it you sell youre acc on ebay for 300 euro or more , now you buy like god knows how manny games you ever earnt anny monney with them ? :D

5. Navyjam

Navyjam New Member

I've tried just about every MMORPG under the sun but the one I keep coming back to is DAOC. Between my wife and myself we have three accounts and we just have a blast playing. I think whether you feel the monthly charge is worth it or not is up to the individual playing.

[EDIT] also playing AO right now cause it's free and I like the Sci-fi theme (even if it's not the greatest game)

6. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

I agree, I don't play games that require a monthly fee. I prefer the one time unlimited fun cost. If I don't play for a few weeks I'm not loosing money. Kind of like renting a cable box, stupid. Buy a Satelite and be done with the cost. I'd pay a little more for a game if it were worth it, but not going to pay every month for eternity. Might as well throw it out the window or eat it. LOL!

7. AllVis

AllVis New Member

I used to play a lot of fps such as DoD, CS, CS:S, etc. The thing I find funny is switching over to a MMORPG like WoW actually saved me money, because I'm not paying rediculous costs for ventrilo servers, Private servers, etc. And I swore I was never gonna play an MMORPG, but WoW definitely changed my mind.

8. ReDGuiTaR

ReDGuiTaR New Member

Some of you tried RYL - Risk Your Life ??? damn good PvP and graphics arent bad too ... full 3d graphics and its free until now ( american server www.ryl.net ) but i play on malaysian server wich is already P2P ...

9. Koolaid

Koolaid New Member

I just quit DAOC for Guild Wars .. wow .. awesome game. I reccomend everyone get a beta pre order kit so you can get in on the beta weekend play and try this game out. I bet the fact that there is no monthly fee is enough to turn most people to drop all their other MMORPG's

10. fireball

fireball New Member

World of Warcraft for me. :w00t:

11. DeXTRoN

DeXTRoN New Member

I'm more into Beta Testing of MMO's than to playing just for fun.

So right now i'm testing Risk Your Life - Path Of The Emperor [RYL2].

Other MMO's that I have tested:
    FungWon Online (6+ months, beta 3 - final)
    Lineage 2 (2+ months, open beta)
    MU Online (from time to time)
    Risk You Life [RYL1] (4+ months)
    More that I can't remember...

MMO's that i tested for a short while:
    Dark and Light, didn't like the gameplay
    Stormriders Online, FungWon Online all over (Newest FWO Client)... after testing RYL this games gfx suxx and laggy servers.

MMO's that I should have tested:
    Dragon Empires, was stopped before it got out as "beta 1.0".
    W.I.S.H., lived for whole 8 days, then was shut down for some reason.

MMO's I would have liked to test, but couldn't:
    Guild Wars, required to pay for a year of FilePlanet, which i couldn't afford.
    The Matrix Online, FilePlanet Again and should live in USA.

MMO's I hope to test in the future:
    Mourning
    Tabula Rasa
    Auto Assault
    Sigonyth

12. topbob

topbob New Member

i also played a little known korean mmorpg, Helbreath for 3 years >_>

13. doxology83

doxology83 New Member

I've been playing the beta events for Guild Wars which I pre-order and comes out in April. I think it is the best mmo coming out. Its way fun, plus it doesn't have any monthly fee and they are promising an expansion pack about every six months or so. if you want to check them out go to guildwars.com (official site) and gwonline.net (best fansite) for more info. In my opinion a mmo with no monthly fee and one that is hghly enjoyable cannot be beat.