horizontal lines with my 9500 pro

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Stinger, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Stinger

Stinger New Member

I see horizontal lines moving up and other times down on my monitor.
    I had a ATI 8500 before with no problems, but with my 9500 Pro
    i see these lines very often.
    My card is build by FIC, i also tried with a "Built by ATI" from a friend.
    Also tried on two different monitors each one of them.
    Does someone know this issue?
    And maybe know how to resolve it?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

but i still get 3560 3DMark03 points!... without OC.

2. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

Do you see this in lower resolutions? Maybe your monitor refresh rate is too high/low. Do you have any electrical/magnetic sources near the monitor to cause interferance (inc mobile phones)

3. merry

merry gargouille

Does this look like moire, but you can't fix it from the monitor's moire setting?

Install PowerStrip and change the refresh rate in 1 Hz increments up to 10 Hz (or more) below your current refresh rate. If at any point the lines cease to appear, then it's most likely an interference.

If that is the case, revert to the nominal refresh and try changing the position of electrical devices near your monitor (e.g. subwoofer, or anything conected to the mains). Also try changing the position of the video cable of your monitor, keep it as far as possible of other cables, especially mains cables.

4. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Merry, you wrote: "Does this look like moire, but you can't fix it from the monitor's moire setting?"
    and thats exactly my problem.

I´ll try with moving the cables, are all together behind the PC (because my desk stands against the wall).
    It´s just strange, my friend has the same problem and his cables are not all together (hanging down behind his desk). He has a "Built by ATI 9500 Pro", which had the same issue on his and my machine.

Will try many things, may find the sollution.

5. FrenkM

FrenkM New Member

Horisontal lines solution

Hello,

Which drivers are you using?
    What are your system specs?

1e: Try the DVI to Vga adapter, this will solf the lines.

2e: In you'r driver settings in the tab "diplays" the button "monitor" , uncheck Use DCC information.

and manual change your refresh rates.(play with these settings, but don't go beyond yous monitor-specs)

grts.

6. merry

merry gargouille

It's most likely monitor - and not video card - related, I've seen this many times, and couldn't "swear" on a general solution. If you can't manage to get rid of it by "redecorating" your appartment (moving around your computer until you get rid of the interference - provided it's not internal to the monitor, that is a defective monitor - you still have the option of changing the refresh rate, even to a non-standard refresh (but non-standard means PowerStrip).

Good luck... and keep us posted

7. mrcooler1

mrcooler1 New Member

Hi People,

Funny, I have the same problem and a 9500p FIC card! I thought it was just me, but I did not have this problem previously with my Gforce 3 card. I did a complete reinstall of the OS even. My monitor is the BOMB, so I know my monitor has nothing to do with this. My Monitor is set at 85hz. The problem of the lines is most visible when in games. I enabled vertical sync in the display panel, and that helped slightly, not much though...

Any ATI techs out there who know a solution for this problem??

THANKS!!!

8. Stinger

Stinger New Member

I have a FIC card too. My friend has the same problem with a "Built by ATI" card.

Try using the DVI to VGA adapter as mentioned above.

9. mrcooler1

mrcooler1 New Member

Looks like this is a ATI 9500 problem, because I have tried everything and I cannot get rid of it. I also know someone with a 9500 pro too, so I called him and he said nope, he does not have the problem, he called me yesterday ticked offat me because now that I mentioned it he sees it all the time, I went over for a look and sure enough he has the same problem - not easy to notice at first, but once you notice it then it you always notice it and it becomes anoying. If anyone from ATI driver support or Omega is reading this can you help us out??? This problem exists and we can't get rid of it on our own.. please help!!

For those of you with a 9500 and you have never heard of this problem before start a game, anygame and if you have a black screen at anypoint in the game you should see lines flowing from the bottom of your screen to the top, you can also notice it if you set up a charcoal colored desktop wallpaper and just slightly look away from the screen, but concentrate on the screen and you will notice it and then, like the saying goes: there is no going back... you will always see it from there on out... 9500 owners let us know and if you have the 9700 or 9800 let us knowi fthe problem exists there too and if so perhaps we can together all contact ATI for help!

10. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

have to use DVI to VGA, both my 9500pro are like this, both of my 9500np isn't

11. merry

merry gargouille

I have a 9100 and see some of that, but only at 85 Hz; at 80 Hz there are no "lines" wse.

12. mrcooler1

mrcooler1 New Member

I have tried to use DVI to VGA, but my monitor will not come on with that connection. Is there something I must do before hand? I tried in the properties box to change displays but it would not let me. lowered hz to 75 and that di dnot help, no 80hz option for my monitor.

13. funbill

funbill New Member

so are u guys saying use the DVI Vga instead of the given vga port? Also 9500 Pro and have a problem with horizontal line shifts.

14. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

yea, i had to use the dvi vga for both my 9500pro, both my 9500np didn't have the lines.

15. mischief

mischief New Member

Ati x800 pro

I have the same exact problem, with my x800 pro, i see lines flow in both vga and dvi

16. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

What is the resolution/refresh rate? If resolution and refresh is high, make sure alternate DVI mode is enabled, but try playing with that setting.