How do you deal the CoViD-19 Pandemic?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by center_table, Nov 18, 2020.

1. center_table

center_table Active Member

Some of us are now suffering due to the CoViD-19 Outbreak. How do you deal with the CoViD-19 Pandemic?

2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I work from home, practice social distancing and wear mask when in the store or any populated places and hope that after this winter things will get to semi normal, at least.

Mentally I am just a bit depressed and worried.
    I feel lonely and isolated.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I'm a hermit...

IvanV and arb65912 like this.
  4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

For one i can not work from home. :eek: but with my line of Business i am still meeting people, but am able to keep the social distance very well indeed. If it is not that easy i always Mask up (I hate Them TBH) but what is needed then so be it..

So at least i am able to get out of the house on a daily basis... If i were not able to i would possibly become to bored to do "Anything" at all.

Just finding 2020 is like Groundhog Day.. Just the same thing over and over.

The hardest part in reality is the limitations on seeing Family, I have two Great Nephews over Oct & Nov this year both have turned one, Seeing both of them in person Twice since last march. And one of them i could not make any contact at all due to the fact that he has a Few Heart Issues and does require a heart operation in the next few months or so, who can not afford to catch a cold besides anything else....

arb65912 likes this.
  5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

there is no impact here at all... nothing has changed lifestyle wise.

arb65912 likes this.
  6. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

pretty much sums it for me as well

arb65912 likes this.
  7. arb65912

Please explain if you do not mind.

I am sure you were going places without mask etc. I know what you mean lifestyle changes but it has to be something... :)

8. arb65912

I like being at home but I also like the ability to go where I feel like and without restrictions... not now.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

literally nothing.... i live 100 miles away from any real urban area. My town consists of roughly 150 people give or take. Most of it's agriculturally driven. Pretty much no one uses masks around here at all, even with it now as of apparently yesterday, province wide mandatory. I mean right now i'm in my own store without one and have a few customers pop in also without one.

The only place one puts it on is going into a hospital.. something i might do once ever say year or maybe twice a year. And that's essentially it.

I still get groceries no differently, i still go and come from work normally. Nothing honestly has changed.... anything that likely has contributed to a change is the fact that we're getting some slightly better prices for the grain.... still nowhere NEAR what it should be. $6:25 per bushel for wheat for example is utterly stupid considering that was the price 40 years ago... it should be at least 12 bucks a bushel. but it's better than last years $4/bushel.

arb65912 likes this.
  10. center_table

arb65912 likes this.
  11. arb65912

OK, thanks, now that explains it. Under circumstances you described it makes perfect sense.

Sorry about low prices you complained about. That is when you selling I assume. :)

I am glad all this craziness did not affect you at all.

12. arb65912

Thank you very much for the article. I will read it tonight for sure.
    We are all different and deal with things differently, in my case I do not think I am suffering deeply but I do feel the difference and I feel sorry for those who are affected a lot as I know many people are.

13. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Here in Toronto for me it has been pretty much the same with regards to isolation and work... I live alone and I work in grocery... Being isolated has just been a way of life for me for ever. My job situation has not changed.

I am spending a lot less money now than I used to, or I should qualify that... I am able to save money and buy expensive things now. I guess that not being able to go out to the bar and stuff like that does add up.

I was also sick at the end of March. I am pretty sure it was COVID, I could not get a test since I was not sick enough at the time. I did have almost all the symptoms. I must say the sense of smell loss was truly bizarre. The reason why I bring this up... I feel better now than I have felt in decades. Since getting over COVID (again not 100% sure since I did not get the test, but I am 98% confident I had it, LOL) I have had more energy, I wake up and get out of bed... it used to be a chore to get out of bed since I just wanted to lay there and go back to sleep, every day! I would argue with myself about going into work and whether or not I should just stay home, EVERY DAY!

At first I thought it was the 19 days I had off from work and I was just refreshed. (14 days isolation "vacation", yes I burned my last 2 weeks vacation to avoid a government hand out, plus another 5 days because my employer was being a prick). However it's been 7 straight months of work and I still feel great. I used to take a week off every 4 months (I get 3 weeks per year) and I was usually ready for another week off after just 2 months of work...

Anyway enough rambling...

QB

arb65912 likes this.
  14. arb65912

Very interesting about feeling better after Covid. Most report side effects and a long symptoms.

15. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

My sense if smell is not what it used to be... Lol , my shit doesn't stink... at least to me

I do get headaches more now as well, but that is very minor.

QB

16. center_table

Thank you as well, I hope you had a good time reading it. :)

arb65912 likes this.
  17. arb65912

Yes, it is quite true. WE need to find ways to deal with things under extreme circumstances. :)