How Does Your Mouse Score for Gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i just searched froogle for my mouse and keyboard, not a single listing for the mouse, and the keyboard is damn expensive @ 47.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i got both of these as a combo deal from newegg for like 15 bucks. probably one of the best keyboards ive ever used, and the mouse is excellent too.

2. BulletTheory

BulletTheory Forgiveness is a Six Gun

I know what u mean Drakon. Look at this Steelpad QcK Mini. The dimensions are 9,8*8,3 which is really small. Its almost the same dimensions as the one u got atm. :D and I think its cost like 8$ :D

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Can't see myself using a corded mouse again, and I'm no slouch at shooter games. Though I'm sure competition players can appreachiate the 1kHz USB speed with a corded optical. At least we're all free of the ball, now for the final solution to also get rid of the chain... ;)

4. Soilwork

Soilwork A virus with shoes

I was thinking of getting a Habu, but after that article I'm sticking with my trusty MX510

5. mike2h

mike2h New Member

me to. really like th flexible design ofthe habu, but that jsu tdone look good. stick with my mx1000.

6. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Bah! No thank you. I'm quite fine with my corded mouse :D

7. Retarp

Retarp New Member

Yeah, I can't use cordless mice, too much lag.

My trusty four year old MX500 still takes names, now to set the USB clock higher :evil:

8. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

It's kinda strange how some mice benefited from the faster USB port speed and others didn't. I still can't figure that one out.

9. fobis

fobis New Member

I'm glad that I only payed $35 for my G5.... I would've killed myself if I paid full retail price for it and then read this...

10. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

You guys remember those vibrating game mice that came out for a little while? Like Force Feedback? That was a strange time.

Now force feedback is disappearing from just about everything. Odd... Playstation 3 don't have it, and many of the Playstation 2 games seem to ship with the feature turned off by default.

Maybe everybody is going to jump on that "tilt and lean" thing? Axis strangeness and stuff.

I just noticed my new camera has a sensor in it that when I rotate to take a tall shot, the whole LCD orientation (the picture) rotates too. Wacky.

11. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

No Mx1000 in the list means I hate that review.

12. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

You could mail him one and he could include it and he could ship it back.

I'm thinking of doing that, since he was open to the idea.

It looks like the MX500 and MX510 (I think they are about the same) held up well and the MX518 ruled supreme.

Logitech has it goin' on.

Now, I just have to figure out how to overclock my USB port so I can get all freaky good at twitch-play. :)

13. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

MX510 is optical MX1000 is laser, I noticed the lasers did poorly (if I read that graph correctly).

14. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I was surprised how bad the lasers did.

Time to go out and stock up on MX500's or MX518's, I guess

I got the Kensington PilotMouse Optical Pro 5 button - 800 dpi - like it - got 3 of 'em total. Dunno how they score, but I dig 'em.

15. merlinxi

merlinxi The Paranoid Cook

umm yeah, don't really know what to say about "Benchming Mice" --sigh-- what's next, benching keyboards?

16. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Keyboards are too user dependent, I think.

17. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

For a great mousepad, be sure to check out Ratpadz.com.. they have a new $15 model too. Combined with teflon pads on my mx518 its smooth as silk.

18. jjfriedberg

jjfriedberg New Member

mine is not on the list
    i have the logitech MX510
    they have MX500 and MX518
    odd...

19. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Now that I have both the G5 Laser and the MX518, I find that I'm gravitating towards the G5. The machine I have the G5 plugged into is used more for business / tinkering stuff than gaming, and I like the side-to-side scroll thing and also the weight system so I can make it feel a bit heavier.

The MX518 is still better for gaming (more buttons = win) but the G5 seems to be pretty ok, even if the laser doesn't track as well on all surfaces as the Optical MX series.

On my iMac, I use the standard 3 button Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical. I like how the scroll wheel has ridges on it for easy scrolling, and on the Mac, you don't need much more than a regular 3 button mouse. Some apps still don't even use right-mouse click menus.

I tried the Optical mouse that came with the Mac, but it's that "touch sensitive" thing with the small trackball thing in the middle, and it didn't always respond right when I tried to left or right click. It's not a mechanical mechanism like the standard mice have, and I just felt more comfortable with the traditional feel of an actual "click".