How I've fallen

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ET3D, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

It's terrible, but the games I play most on my PC are the Peggle series. I've become a casual gamer. I used to play RPG's and RTS's, and sometimes FPS's, but though I still buy and start them sometimes, it's easier to start up a small game in a window, that doesn't take much if any CPU time, and play "for just a few minutes" (while a few hours pass without noticing).

Help!

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

lol it is what it is man! i feel your pain though. however, this too shall pass.

have you had a go with fallout 3?

3. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I've been there, done that.
    actually, I'm still there. I'm waiting for the next batch of cool games to come out. next month: Dawn of War 2, empire total war... and later this year (hopefully) diablo3 and starcraft 2. till that time, casual games it is...

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Take a few months off ALL gaming. Give your gamer persona a vacation so that it can come back hungry and able to play some real games. If you don't, the disease may spread and one day you'll find yourself with a Wii hooked up to your TV set and a pink remote in your hand. :(

5. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I have many games that I bought, that I started to play but never went through completely.

Some games turn out to be boring or too hard. Some others I just stop playing without any reason.

I still play my PS2 sometimes. I have uncompleted games in FFX, FFX-2, God of War II and many more. It's the same on PC, Xbox 360 and Wii. The FF games are too slow paced and I got bored of playing them. God of War II, I got stuck on a boss fight on normal difficulty. I like a challenge but there's a limit to what I can do. Had I known that it was that hard, I would have started a game at easy.

ET3D, you could give a try to playing go online. It's hard to be a good player but you might like the game. It's full of people of any level online. You can play online here on the KGS Go Server. It's free.

6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Casual games are right above masturbation out of boredom. So watch it or you may find yourself turning japanese.

7. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

If anyone wants to know the list of socially scale activities it goes as such

Enjoying normal social activities with human interaction >
    Enjoying activities with no interaction >
    Playing Video Game in a Clan >
    Playing multiplayer video games and being way into it (screaming/yelling) >
    Playing single person games >
    Playing Casual games >
    Playing with yourself >
    Turning Japanese >
    Suicide >
    Homicide as a Zombie returned from the dead

8. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

I fail to finish allot of games I own. Happening more than ever. Fallout 3 being the last game I actually completed. Got a tonne of RPGs that I have yet to complete, some from 2-3 years back -.-

10. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

Personally I find the problem is that alot of games these days go for the "shock" factor with "pretty pictures". Or "look at all the cool stuff our game can do!!!!" However most games now a days tend to leave the concept of "total immersion" out of the equation anymore. Fallout 3, GTA4, and L4D, did all of these things well, and they were rewarded quite well for it.

However most games don't, hence why I have turned to INDIE games as of late. With great titles such as "Defense Grid", "Aquaria", "Full Pipe", "Tank Universal", "Audio Surf", "The World of Goo", "Buccaneer: The Pursuit of Infamy". Now I admit all of thse games I got on STEAM however I would never have heard of them had they not been released there, and quite frankly they are some great games!

11. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

Hey! I use a pink 360 controller. None of my friends want anything to do with it so I get my own personal controller in all games.

12. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i blame this on a lack of a actually GOOD games..