how many tracks can i record at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtop8, Aug 31, 2013.

1. jtop8

jtop8 New Member

Got a question for yall.
    I've got Audigy 2zs, have the breaskout box as well.
    I have made inputs on the front of my pc that accesses aux and analog cd inputs.
    how many tracks can i record simultaneously and how is the best way to do so.
    Is the anwser AISO inputs? can stereo inputs be used as 2 mono inputs. Im using AISO4all and the newest KX drivers on windows 7 recording with Reaper. thanks

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

What do you want to do?
    I am confused.
    You want to do a live recording with multiple different sources and record everything as separate tracks as they are played?

3. RakaRaka

RakaRaka New Member

I'm doing now 4 analog and 1 digital stereo. In separate tracks in the daw, live recording. With an audigy SB0090. Planning to add another one, so more microphones to buy...

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

ASIO4ALL is not going to do what you want with kX. It is only going to give you 2 inputs. You would need to use kX ASIO (which gives up to 16 inputs). With that card and kX ASIO you should be able to do what you want.

5. janez

janez Active Member

I donĀ“t have the 2zs but the SB090, but I think this still applies:
    You have 2 stereo A/D converters on the card (AC97 and UDA)
    There is one analog Input on the Frontmodule plus a Mic Input which use 2 I2S Inputs on the dsp.
    Then there are 3 Spdif inputs. you should be able to make at least 2 of them work (Spdif front and CD spdif)

All of that could result in 11 or even 13 mono inputs that you can record on separate tracks. Thats the maximum

If you need A/D Converters for the digital inputs a second card would be the cheapest way to do the trick.

Yes!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013