How often do you use your smartphone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by clubrope, Jan 25, 2021.

1. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

Let's face it: Hundreds of millions of people around the world are addicted to their smartphones. Everywhere we go, we see people with their eyes glued to their smartphone screens. But as we're beginning to find out, this Information Age addiction is not healthy. Smartphone addiction is rewiring our minds and decreasing our memory and attention spans, as well as bolstering our anxiety levels.

If you're someone who is burning the candle at both ends, running on empty without taking much time for yourself or your family, living a life that includes being compulsively attached to your smartphone, you are very likely in need of a smartphone detox.

Question: How do you detox your smartphone?

arb65912 likes this.
  2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I just check my phone several times a day but I do sit i front of the PC almost all day.

How do you detox the smart phone or how do we detox ourself from being a phone slaves?

My wife for example is on the phone all the time except when she sleeps, seriously. Way too much.
    The phone is playing movies, videos etc. EVEN when we sit down to eat.
    Way too much in my opinion.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I don't own one. So, I guess that would mean... never.

Calliers likes this.
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i don't check it... unless i receive a text message or a phone call. The only exception is looking up a part number or information on an implement

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Yes I also only check my phone for messages and answer phone calls and for information. Other than that, it doesn't really rule my life. My PC more than servers that role. :D

arb65912 likes this.
  6. Olivia11

Olivia11 New Member

My bad habit is my addiction to my phone. I can surf the net until 3 am. I especially hate myself for situations when I have to get up at 8 in the morning, and at 1 am I’m watching stupid videos on YouTube, then on the clock is 2 am, and I continue to watch videos. And then I think: “Well when it will be 2.15 and then I'll definitely go to bed”. After 3.00 I understand that I will just die tomorrow morning, but I continue to watch YouTube. I feel very stupid at such moments.

7. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Basically just like it. Messages, calls, when not at home Facebook and Discord plus Instagram , rest is a PC

8. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Every Day...

80% of the time it is mainly calls or texts that is related to the business i run... Many people think that being a window Cleaner is just what it says on the tin are very much mistaken....

For me it is very handy as i use my banking App and it is so great to see notifications pop up for the reason of when my customers pay by Bacs / Chaps or Faster Payment Methods... (Bank Transfer)

A small time playing the odd Mobile game or two... Partly for Facebook (Including Messenger)

Also i have Wifi Cameras set up around the inside and the Outside of my house.. Partly for security reasons, but more importantly being able to keep an eye on my father with Alzheimer's is all ok and is not overly distressed and is also Prone to Falls...With him being Deaf & Mute from birth makes it much easier to check on him...

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Wrong question! When do I NOT use my smartphone? :)

Calliers likes this.