how to steal a motorcycle (blog)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I know, I would love to see all of you in ten years time too. I just feel like I have get moving in a new direction. I feel like I gotta start travelling again, seeing new countries, new women, spend my money like a drunken fool and have fun before I see St. Peter when I go. I would really like to just open the throttle and really feel like the world is moving instead of the bike, like a blur almost, like leaving orbit and breaking gravity like a Saturn V rocket!!

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

maybe you should get one of these,
    you dont need a motor license, its pretty fast (depends, thats true) and looks pretty cool... The TRIKE!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

Jeff, I'm just going to second everything that Z said because he knows what he's talking about!! If you want to do it, then do it BUT make sure you do it right. Everyone that I know that rides bikes accepts the risk because its more than made up for by the pleasure we get from it. The trick on a bike is to make sure that you minimize the risks as much as possible, and that means good training, good equipment, and a good attitude...

With regards to your original post, I was told by a bike thief at one stage that the preferred method was 4 guys, two 3' lengths of scaffolding steel and a big van. Put the steel through the wheels, everyone takes an end and lift into the back of the van...simple. Thats why the advice always is not just to lock your bike but to lock it to something that can't be moved.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I hope that no one will steal one of those Hondas or a Vespa, because that is where I am leaning now. Driving in England I have heard is a real challenge, and getting whacked in the U.S. is just as bad as getting whacked in the UK. I am sure that I would put a huge dent in a bonnet or grill if I got hit.
    In the country in Lakenheath I am sure I would not be close to an ambulance.

edit: driving in England is damn expensive....damn expensive

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  5. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

reading these posts I feel moved to do something extraordinary. Why not buy an old junker and fix it up I'm sure the sunday automotive section has what you need. Economically a bike would be perfect 3 dollars a gallon nngh makes me ache just thinking about it. I would definitely put some thought into a scooter as they are infinetly cheaper, and who's goning to make fun of someone riding a scooter in england? there's like a scooter in every single piece of english film footage.would your co-workers really do that to you? Yeah motorcyles are way cooler hands down the and if weight support is really an issue well get a motorcycle what's the weight limit on a 500cc scooter? There are winter's in england... how's driving in the cold season over there. I'm basing all this on me and if it were me so just scratch this as opinion. one thing though try and limit your wheelies

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

No they wouldnt, scooters are a very viable means of transport in the UK. I think its a states thing that you have to ride a 10 litre harley to be seen as cool. its a little silly in 2006.

You make some good points mtsaint in your post......

7. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

Well I'm in Scotland not England but I remember riding home from a friend's house in December a few years back along the M8 motorway (runs between Edinburgh and Glasgow for those that don't know). It was the early hours of the morning and suddenlt there was a fog bank, visibility dropped to like 10 feet, I couldn't keep my visor clear for any longer than a second at a time so I flipped it up, when I got home there were icicles hanging from my eyelashes!!

8. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

i dont know what's scarier driving in the fog or having to pull over to the shoulderin the fog and feeling like someone's about to crash into me. Yeah definately feeling the global warming overhear 2005 was one of the hottest years ever in the us anyway's. for year's it couldn't be proven but slowly we've realized that glaciers dont just make good bottled water. they are definatly there for a reason.

yeah being cool in the states is a full time job

9. HardwareHeaven

The winters in ireland can be pretty bad although weather recently is weird, the seasons seem less pronounced.

I remember flying over to new york in december, and then I realised that our winters arent actually too bad !

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

haha, gotta love scottish weather don't you ;)

only last month I was driving home from the cinema when we got hit by the most torrential downpour you could imagine, and when I had to drive through a rather large puddle to avoid a rather large truck my whole fucking exhaust was torn clean off!

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Scotland..yeah...I saw the movie trainspotting..thats a whole other country (Forrest Gump)
    my ex sister in law is from Scotland, her husband said she would give me a Glascow kiss..
    Next thing you know...POW..right on my ass, they thought it was funny...I can still move my tooth around...
    Maybe I should just be patient..but I want to see England..and apparently a scooter is the way.
    I guess driving is a more serious affair in Scotland and Ireland...from what I have seen, it isnt in the UK.

12. HardwareHeaven

Scotland and Northern Ireland are a part of the UK Jeff. as is England and Wales.

13. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

what a meanie expect to get a kiss then get a kiss then get punched in the face that some white trash education right there boy. hey umm you still getting a bike?

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I know...I know..LOL

I think of it more like another state like here in the continental..
    we Yanks see differences between states..
    I guess that is what I am alluding to in my first post..

And yes, I think I will get a scooter..with a soft warm seat for my bum.

I heard it gets pretty darn cold in the UK.. ;)