How to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by pigdog, Feb 1, 2010.

1. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I purshased DC back on the 13/DEC/2006. I have just discovered that it doesn't seem to be able to download updates. At all.

I'm more than happy to purchase a newer version, if that is what's required, as it is a fantastic program.

But having had a look around at some of the posts here at HH, I seem to get the impression that all I have to do is simply download the latest version, and put my rego details into it and I'll be sorted.

Problem though, is that I can't find where to download it from (other than by buying it again.

Thanks in advance,
    The Dog

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Rather than muck around editing my 1st post, from what I gather, I have the most recent version.

So my problem is technical then. So here it is:

After a clean install, I re-install DC, put my details in, and then hit the update button. Nothing happens. But a little while latter, nothing happens again. So at least it's consistant. Please help.

One final last (I promise) question: How do I update my email for registration purposes?

Cheers
    The Dog

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

for the new version Driver Cleaner.NET you would need to purchase a new license. If you already have that can you tell me what version you have then?

4. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I have v3.4.0.0, and it's fully licensed. I know it's somewhat odd (like me), but it just doesn't want to find any updates.

This has presented my with some issues when it comes to cleaning up old drivers before installing the latest ones. So I'm currently still using the 9.8's.

Oh, and thanks for your help. I've been using DC for 4 years now, and it's a ripper of a program - i luv it. :)

The Dog

5. Spike

Hi,

there should be a few updated filters now, so can you try again and see if you get updates?

6. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Still nothing, I loaded it on another PC at a friends house and got the same result. Weird

7. Spike

Are you sure your not running a firewall orso that block the access to the website or that windows firewall blocked the program?