I am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by gualuska, Aug 27, 2015.

1. gualuska

gualuska New Member

AI am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document. I attach correspondence with WinZip. Can you help, please? Thanks Ayush, I cannot even drag the file to the desktop! I will contact Microsoft help. Thanks again for your assistance. Read more: I am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document? - AI am having problems opening zip files embedded in a word document. I attach correspondence with WinZip. Can you help, please? Thanks Ayush, I cannot even drag the file to the desktop! I will contact Microsoft help. Thanks again for your assistance.

2. horigommike

horigommike New Member

We are really sorry to hear about the trouble. In the error message "Error loading C:\CSIDL~2\WINZIP\WZCKTREE.DLL." Note the path "CSIDL~2". That is a very strange path. This is from an incompatibility between Office 2010 programs (like Outlook and Word) and WinZip 15 when you attempt to open a zip file from the Office programs. The cause seems to be a Microsoft Office bug with their "on demand" or "click to run" installation. The workaround is to drag the zip file to the desktop and then open the zip file. see here :
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/opening-zip-file/1BGHlAkBerU