I finally watched it

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I just finished watching for the first time the 2016? movie Ghostbusters The Force Awakens or something like that.
    I was afraid it was going to be shit. I avoided watching the movie because of that, but mostly because of the behavior towards the fans of the director and one of the actors. I wasn't going to reward them with a single cent. The movie was on TV tonight (free TV, I don't pay for TV) and it was the only chance of me ever watching this for the first time. The movie finished 10 min ago and I ended up laughing from all the jokes a total
    of ONE (1) time. When in the end credits from what I am guessing was a cut scene when Chris was dancing and did a funny move. That's the only time I laughed even a bit with something that was actual attempted humor in this movie.

What else is GB known for? The original I mean. Oh yes, scary bits, horror etc. Nothing to see here. Not even close. No scary monsters, no spooky music, nothing scary/spooky at all. The only thing that tried to approach was the opening scene in the 1st haunted place. I said tried because they ended up ruining it too.
    Why, WHY did they go for Luigi's Mansion level of scary ghosts? *sigh*. In general the special effects of the paranormal theme were just meh at best. The only slightly good scene with ghosts was near the end with the "parade" and like 30 seconds with the final fight. Acting was not realistic. There were exceptions, but with the writing of the dialogue being so BAD, not much could be done. The "funny" dialogue was of the level of a poor boring sitcom, I half expected the studio audience to go "no she didn't!" or "oohhhh". How was this poop approved? I won't name actors in particular as they can be blamed on so much for having this to work with. Plus I feel physically disgusted with one of them (nothing to do with their looks) that I am definitely not objective towards her. Wiig tried perhaps more than others and that's one of the reasons I like her in general. Chris while not a fav of mine, also did a good job as did Jones and Kate. Non starring actors and guest stars were good, imagine if they had a good script!

I rate this movie 3/10 and that is being very very kind.
    I didn't even mention about the travesty of having this movie compared to the original masterpiece from 1984.

Calliers likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

You have finally caught up to the place we all were 4 years ago

Holtsman is funny though other than that the film is a miss

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

New "proper" movie coming in November of this year:

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You know the 2016 movie was bad when a movie with kids looks more adult and spookier.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I'm just looking forward to this:

I hope it will be good.

Tipstaff likes this.