I got a MSN Messenger Problem (help please)

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Judas, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. kn00tcn

    kn00tcn New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    647
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    happened to a neighbor, too bad i didnt visit DH in time to ask if secure signins to websites using IE also failed

    there were 3 dll's to reregister & that solved msn+secure signin issues
     
  2. hclemson

    hclemson New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    same problem

    Hi Judas,

    By any chance can your remember the name of the virus and spyware effecting msn messenger? I have the identical problem (lagging input details, wont sign in) and have tried everything has has been mentioned in this post(firewalls, security, msn connection testing etc...). I have run Norton AntiVirus, AVG, Spybot S&D and AdAware but they cannot detect anything.

    Ta,
    Helen
     
  3. Judas

    Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

    Joined:
    May 13, 2002
    Messages:
    39,670
    Likes Received:
    1,521
    Trophy Points:
    138
    This is one thing i found..


    Block-Checker.exe was running at one point... removed it... got a little further (instead of instantly giving me a unable to sign in error, it would chew for awhile)..

    then i went in to the windows firewall and removed all blocked/unblocked settings and restored defaults...


    badabam, logged in after a reboot.


    i'd suggest going to www.pcpitstop.com and running thier antivirus and quick spyware scan, it'll tell you a few things
     
  4. hclemson

    hclemson New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    thanks for the quick reply.

    Ive actually fixed it. Tried that web site with the virus scanner and spyware detector but they didnt find anything. On the way bumped into another post that suggested re-registering MSXML3.dll which seemed to work!
    Why that has got removed/corrupted in the first place i dont know or whether its a permanant fix is another question but its got it working for now :)
     

Share This Page

visited