I hate people sometimes...

Discussion in 'Petrol Heads Forum' started by Liqourice, Feb 7, 2013.

1. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

No, I don't wish to restrict their freedom just because of their taste or ethics or anything similar.

I just don't think I could pity someone who clearly does not have a hard life by any sensible standards, and was naive enough or decadent enough to leave a car the price of a decent family home in an unattended public place.

"Imagine if you owned a Ferrari or Lamborghini and they went and keyed your car or worse, that would totally suck balls." - imagine if you couldn't even afford such a car, that'd be even worse!

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I see your perspective. I guess if you do own an expensive car you should watch where you park it.

3. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

What do you mean?

Are you referring to my Chevy S-10 pickup truck that was keyed and repeatedly egged that I once owned? Or are you referring to my Mazda RX-8 that was repeatedly egged that I once owned?

4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Why did people abuse your cars like this?

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

You might be a lightening rod for this sort of thing, you many need to up your game a bit and park where your car will not be molested.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

But it's too expensive to live in those neighborhoods.

7. CDsDontBurn

My personal driveway should be a spot where anyone's vehicle shouldn't be molested...

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Someone does not like you then? Are you in conflict with someone? Old girlfriend or boyfriend? Angry Neighbor? Perhaps you have a sound systems that annoys people, or you have offended someone you know?
    Or you can get over it and stop personalizing all the stupid crap that happens to you.
    Just a thought.

9. CDsDontBurn

This was a few years ago, 2005 - 2007 actually. It started with my truck being violated (wrong word, i know, but i can't think of the right word ATM), and after i traded my truck in for my RX-8, it continued on with that.

I never did find out who was doing it, all I know is that I was being specifically targeted for some reason. Whoever was doing this tried to "cover it up" by making it seem that I wasn't the target by throwing an egg or two at a neighbor's car but then throwing the rest of the carton of eggs at my car specifically.

I'll never know and I'll probably never find out who did it. I just hope that whoever did it goes to hell for it :).

10. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I dare say it may not be random and you can't arse this one. Hope you have better insurance mate.

11. CDsDontBurn

I never claimed insurance. It's alright. This was some time ago and back when I used to live with my parents. It's nothing I worry about now.

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I know that mysterious things happen to people here where I live when they play car stereos at a high volume or speed down the streets. I hate to say it, but I believe that someone might have it out for you because they have a thing about a certain car, where you live or just drink too much. Breaking mirrors is the province of teenagers, drunks and angry old men that just want to break something.

13. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Not sure I follow you. You mean it's ok if someone do this as long as you own a cheaper car?

14. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

It doesn't matter if your vehicle is a hunk of shit rust bucket or a multi million dollar vehicle made of pure gold... It's not cool to have it wrecked or damaged in any fashion be it keyed or walked over or hit. Period...

15. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

None of the posts in this thread so far contradict that.

16. Judas

The general statement i hear often though or the "Well it's in bad shape and has rust on it anyways... keying it isn't really the big of a deal" that i've heard before.

Or the unstated notion that the value of a vehicle is the real weighted value if getting keyed or damaged in some manner is something to feel bad about. Most people seem to see a wrecked lambo for example and are going "aww... that's terrible" but seeing a wrecked stationwagon they think "lol good riddance" in one way or another.

I find these statements that SOME people have blurted out and other than agree with it as outright silly.

In relation to a super expensive car being driven and parked in a public area.... I find it utterly retarded to suggest or have an idea that they should expect possible damage.. and to only park it in places that have full blown security to prevent someone from keying the sob.

lacking or having very little pitty for someones property base on it's value is pretty shallow i think.

17. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

You're extremely niave, then. Obviously it's wrong to vandalise a car regardless of its value, but people will do it.

Nobody's really talked about pity for the property, that doesn't really make sense imo. What was discussed was pity for the individual, and while obviously if you're really rich I'd rather nobody vandalised your stuff (just as in any other case), but if they do, I'm still gunna feel more sorry for the people who can't afford bread or healthcare than I am for the guy with the keyed lambo.

18. Judas

More people that require a bullet to the head then. Just goes to show the total disregard for general respect of anything, and this idiotic necessity to "destroy" things that aren't theirs. This is a rampantly increasing problem as i see more and more children growing up with a total disregard for everything, mindset in which they think "If i can't have it, no one can, therefore i will destroy it or damage it in some fashion"

We really need more darwinian thing created, bring back the lawn darts....

see that makes more sense, that little bit of clarification makes a world of difference.

19. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

If your emotionally attached to something, when it is damaged or destroyed, you feel a sense of loss, like a small death in away.
    I think it is valid, since we personalize everything, that when we invest emotionally into a car for instance or enjoy it, that we are determined to protect it.
    I think that kind of attachment is normal.
    When someone insults us we can choose to shrug it off and we accept it or beat their ass for it.
    But when we lose control or rather when we come to terms with what we have no control over, we are intimidated by the fact that we have NO CONTROL over much of anything.

20. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

So you think that if you have a flashy car, and you don't want it to get vandalised, the pragmatic course of action is to park it somewhere rough and then shoot people who damage it? What if I want to go to my meeting or engagement? :p