I have a few questions....

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ThA_Gr81, Feb 7, 2003.

1. ThA_Gr81

ThA_Gr81 New Member

hope u guys or girls can help me answer these questions :D

1) What DDR Ram is good to get KingMax, Crucial or Kingston?

2) Im planning to get a LCD screen but i dont know where to start or what to look 4..... i seen the ViewSonic it looks nice but r viewsonic LCD screens any good?

thx alot 4 any help :) :) :) :) :)

2. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

1) Crucial is the best from that list... Might want to look for some Corsair as well.

2) I tell everyone to do this ... because of the type of screen that they are.

Go some place, and actually look at the screens... Lots of LCD monitors have DEAD pixels... these are pixels that remain black, no matter what color they are supposed to display.

When you decide on what model you are going to purchase, as the clerk to plug it into a demo unit, and display something white... loof for dead pixels. One or two is normal... but, I have found a lot of screens that have more than that.

Good luck! :)

3. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

The bad thing is a lot of places won't replace your monitor under warranty unless there are a certain number of dead pixels (like six). You could easily have one or two or three annoying dead pixels and still not get it replaced. :(

4. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Well, if the pixels are in the center of the screen (center's definition varies..), then they will be replaced after only one bad pixel...