I hope this is the place to post this

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by skylineaddict, Jan 1, 2009.

1. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

I met Kristin in about the third month I was in the States (I moved from Zambia in May '04 to school here), and I didn't see anything special in her. Over those 3 and a half years, we became close friends. She wasn't my closest though. In my Sophomore year, I fell for my best friend Alina, and she broke our friendship after her boyfriend told her that she couldn't talk to me any more. The next year, I met Auri, I thought I fell for her, but I found out that I really didn't. She was a schizoid, and she became too attached to me. Quite frankly, I couldn't take her incessant talking and mixed thoughts. I broke things off with her.

Then, this year, after pretty much a whole year without anyone close to me, I turned to Kristin. We became best friends. She is everything to me, EVERYTHING. She gave me the peace I thought I never could find. She was the first person to give me everything I needed, and not what I wanted. She is just amazing. Words cannot describe how awe-inspiring she is. Guys, I think I'm falling for her. I really just want to scream it to the world, but I don't want her to know, so I can't tell anyone in this town. I figured I'd just post this here to add a personality to the name "skylineaddict", and to ask for advice. What is a 17 year old guy to do when he's fallen for his best friend (Who, by the way, has a boyfriend)?

If you look back to my post in Heavenly Visions, you can see a drawing of her.

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

cool

I bet you have tried your hand at poetry, etc.
    perhaps you can pen your thoughts about in prose as well?

3. skylineaddict

I've written my fair share of poetry, hundreds of short stories (Lost in the infinite abyss of the mess of my room, most likely lost when I moved), and am currently working on a book, but am procrastinating A LOT.

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Cool I love to write as well my book called "Haven" I have gone back to and left many times over the last 20 years or so and it now just needs to be edited (and has for 10 years or so). I write lyrics and poetry keeps me out of trouble ;)

On the girl in that situation a rule of thumb .... remain her friend and let her decide on anything more .....

5. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

Her having a BF is a no go. Think about it for a minute. You're 17 and for the first time in your life you think you found the right girl for you but in reality this is just the tip of the iceberg my friend.

You have the rest of your life to find someone. The fact that she has a BF..well you should respect that and just keep her friendship for now. Believe me when I tell you, a friendship is worth more than any feelings you can have for this girl. Unless she she tells you otherwise then just continue being a great friend to her and just show her a good time and who knows she may surprise you one day.

Just remember this if anything, good things happen to good people!
    Good Luck! :)

6. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

I agree, let it flow on its own. If its supposed to happen for you it will.

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Absolutely and words to live by !!

8. skylineaddict

Damn. I know I should remain friends with her. I loved her to death before I fell in love with her (It makes perfect sense, trust me). I just don't think I can keep from telling her. I can barely talk to her because I don't know what to say any more... Gawd, being a teenager sucks.

9. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

Well I wish you the best of luck which ever direction you chose to go with her. :)

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I second the above post and give it time ... if you dig her she knows women do they can see the change.

On being a teenager been there and it is a tough age dude best of luck with this ;)

11. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

THe only way you can deal with this is to remain her friend, not put her under pressure, hide your true feelings and always be there for her. If its meant to be, it will happen. If she sees how much you care and can be there for her it might possibly impact her later.

There is of course a possibility she isnt interested in you in that way, however if you tell her right now how you feel then you could very well lose her totally.

You are, incidentally a very talented artist and it is a well known fact of life that artists are the most sensitive of people.....