I just need stereo sound!

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by albouras, Mar 8, 2004.

1. albouras

albouras New Member

Hello to eveyone. I am a musician and I am using the kx drivers for some time now. I find them very good for music software, but I encountered a lot of problems while trying to play games with 3d sound (e.g. Max Payne 2). I don't need 3d sound for my games, I just want pure and clear stereo sound, to listen from my two simple desktop speakers. Which parameters must I configure in order to achieve that? Thanx.

2. The_neo

The_neo New Member

For this use KX mixer ...go to AC97 ...disable 3D.....and if u donot want EAX effects then right click on the KX mixer icon in yur system Tray...then select in settings>driver compatatibility>disable EAX

The_neo

3. Daniel Drummond

Daniel Drummond New Member

Max Payne 2 seems to have strange problems. I had to mix both front and rear outputs to only one output to get proper sound... (bullet).

4. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

>> I had to mix both front and rear outputs to only one output to get proper sound

are you sure?.. do you have surrounder effect configured correctly? have you tried kxctrl -shw18 ? are you using wave 0/1?... in most cases, such bugs should not happen

/E

5. Daniel Drummond

Daniel Drummond New Member

Eugene, I was not using surrounder effect. I have not tried KXctrl -shw18. I don't think this is a bug with KX, I thing it's with Max Payne 2 because I'm pretty sure I read about it in another soundcard's forum... No big deal. I'll try your suggestions and post back.

6. albouras

albouras New Member

Excuse me, I' m quite interested in this one. What is the surrounder effect and how can I configure it? What is the KXctrl -shw18? How does it work? I kind of solved the problem with Max Payne 2 by setting the speakers configuration to 2.1 (I previously had it to 2.0).

7. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

>> I'm pretty sure I read about it in another soundcard's forum

hmm.. perhaps
    there was an issue with a Max Pain 1 demo bundled with my video card :)
    (it failed to operate correctly in certain audio modes, e.g. in 'EAX-enabled' mode)

/E