I made a simple delay filter with sample and ms display

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Tril, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Gamerspage

Gamerspage New Member

I'd just like to add this plugin is great when used in conjunction with redocnexk - it allows me to output from the card itself with the same latency I get from the ac3 output.

2. boris81

boris81 New Member

Hi guys,

I use kx-project for actively crossing over a 3-way speaker. I got very impressive results with a consumer grade speaker i picked up from craigslist. I'll post a summary with pictures and measurements of my project soon.

I need a finer resolution for TheSmallDelay function. Currently it increments at 3samples steps. Can somebody help me get 1sample steps?

The reason: aligning the drivers on a common time/phase plane as shown on this diagram.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/1tssub.gif
    The voice coil of a woofer extends a few cm further back from the mounting plane. Thus the sound produced from a tweeter is essentially closer to the listener than the sound from the woofer. The effect produced is that the tweeter is playing a few samples ahead of the woofer.

1 sample at 48kHz = 0.000020833sec. Sound travels at 344m/s. So for the time from 1 sample to the next, sound will travel 7.166mm.

Help will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard.

4. boris81

boris81 New Member

Eeeeek!!
    I'm gonna go shoot myself.

Thanks, Russ!!