I made a TimeBalance plugin

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Tril, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Question tril, so this new concept the Timebalance light..will that put a new version of the plugin that has edit boxes so you can enter that amounts determined by the main plugin OR are the valuse hardcoded into the timbalancelight?...that would be cool too. This is a good idea then it'll free up some resources huh?...if you need betea testers Happy to help...let me know.

2. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

The values are hardcoded in a the plugin called "TimeBalanceV2 light". This second plugin is generated by "TimeBalanceV2". It's the same link as before. Download the plugin again.

Anyone that downloads the plugin is a beta tester as the plugin is still in development.

What's left to do is a skin and interface improvements.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Cool, Very cool very Inventive way to solve the resource issue. So what is the iTram difference between the two?.I mean to say how much less iTram is used by timebalancelight then the original?
    I am downloading it right now...thx again for your contribution.

4. Tril

The original uses 4006 iTram. The light version can use from 10 to 4006. That depends on the position of your speakers. With my speaker setup, the light version has an iTramsize of 185.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

OK, cool so Tril I downloaded from the original link you said..I am using 3538..and I get an invalid plugin library...whats going on dude?...I have your original version registered..I can't do the new one though..I think 3538g...

6. Tril

That's strange. I just downloaded the plugin to make sure the link is correct. I executed the plugin and it registered.

I don't know why it does not work for you. I think it happened before with a plugin from Russ. A file that is installed with the compiler was needed to use the plugin. Without this file, the plugin did not register.

Try to download it again. I removed some libraries that I included when trying different things. They are not required anymore. It may solve the problem or not.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Ok, I'll DL it again and see if it registers..let you know..

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

NOPE, grabbed it from the first page of this thread. It says it's compiled for 3538..Try and register and it says invalid plugin library...I can register the first version though..just not this new improved version..weird..what do you think is going on?

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Either way should work fine. The only issue with your current method would be if a user messed up thier file association for .da files. The second method would avoid that problem. You could also use a third method, which is to just create the 2 registry keys yourself, thus registering it.

BTW: That was a good idea to save it in the same location as TimeBalanceV2. :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I just gave it a quick test, and had no problems registering it, or saving.

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I see a dependency for MSVCP60D.DLL, that could be causing the problem (which of course I have, so I would not have a problem registering it).

12. Tril

What can I do? Is there a way to compile the plugin with the MSVCP60D.DLL statically linked inside the plugin dll so that it works even if the MSVCP60D.DLL file is not present?

ROBSCIX, I suggest you download the MSVCP60D.DLL file and put it in the system32 folder. If the plugin registers after that, we'll know for sure that it is the problem.

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to just include it with the plugin like Tiger did with his synth (your only other choice would be to try and replace whatever functions you are using from that .dll with other functions (if possible) to remove the dependancy).

14. Tril

I use std::eek:fstream to write the .da file. I think that's what is causing the dependancy (from looking at the linker verbose output). I don't think I can remove the dependancy. Is it legal for me to host the MSVCP60D.DLL file to share with my plugin?

15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Could you use something like CFile instead of ofstream.

Yes, MSVCP60.DLL is a redistributable file.

16. Tril

Maybe. Never heard of it before. I'll look up some info on it and I'll try to use it.

17. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

BTW: Do you have Dependancy Walker (it usually comes with C++)? It is what I use to check the dependancies (it shows .dll dependancies, and which functions from those .dll's you are using, etc). If you do not have it, you can download it from:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Russ, Tril I got the MS runtime put it in the system directory and it registered..thx guys..well now wee know for future reference....Registered the light version etc..everything works as it is supposed to thanks for the help and thanks for the plug in Tril, Nice work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  19. Tril

I have Dependancy Walker. It came with c++. I never used it before because I did not know I had it. Thanks for pointing me to it. It's like c++. There are a lot of very useful functions that you can use but most of the time you don't even know that they exist. You just need someone that know them to tell you the name of the function so you can look up info on msdn or elsewhere.

ROBSCIX, I'm glad that it works and that you like it.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Well yeah I do like it. I think it makes everything a little more "high End". Having the ability to add delay to every speaker as so to optimize signal output based on physical location around the listener and the ability to move the listener within that predefined listening space also is a very innovative addition to KX. That is why I mentioned that I would like to help develop the plugin. Keep up the good work and know your efforts are appreciated and your work is used and enjoyed.