I Need Instalation Driver

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by waverider65, Feb 2, 2007.

1. waverider65

waverider65 New Member

I Need The Install Driver For Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital And Its Not A Dell Could Some One Please Help Me

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

3. Jeremy of Many

Jeremy of Many New Member

I can't believe people like that manage to find a forum, sign up, and create a post begging for help...
    yet they can't search Google for "Sound Blaster Live! Drivers" or go to Creative's website.
    Just blows my mind...

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

You DO realize that DriverHeaven comes up in many, many Googled searches for drivers, right? If you don't know, check it out.

Not a nice way to welcome a newcomer. Just take this as a little notice to exercise some restraint when you feel the need to vent next time.

5. Jeremy of Many

Jeremy of Many New Member

No, because I know exactly where to get my drivers, especially if I know the make and model of the device.
    Sorry for the attitude initially, I've been exposed to too many lazy people lately.
    Have a good weekend, everyone. :)

6. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. Sometimes I'm surprised by people's laziness. They post on forum and wait for response for a few days in some cases when they could use Google and have their driver in a few seconds...

For example? I just tried Google search for "drivers", "sound drivers" and "video drivers" and DH is not in the first 10 results pages (I did not check 10+ pages).

I'm a member of other forums here in CZ and there they expect at least some activity from members - using Google/reading manual/using the forum Search button instead of asking same stupid questions again and again. (This is just a description of how some other forums work, not attack on DH - I like it here :))

Sorry for off-topic and have a nice day :evil:

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Whether Driverheaven comes up in a Google search depends on what was entered in the search option.

Quite often I get a hit on Driverheaven when Googling. So, there's no way to know exactly how the OP came about finding DH until he/she responds again.

What bothers me is the attitude and totally non-help that was exhibited by JoM toward someone who may have just gotten their very first PC and needs some guidance.

After all, we ALL were noobs at one time. So, a little consideration without the 'tude will be appreciated. If you can't offer some help, just move along.

8. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

The response was totally unwarranted. Driverheaven is a place for all to ask questions, regardless of experience level. If waverider65 would prefer to ask the question here instead of through search, so be it. If the someone's post is problematic, that is up to staff to decide and deal with. This is not a forum where people get flamed. At DH, we try to keep things civil and without intimidation, and this is enforced.

To waverider65:

Apologies to the responses you recieved, this is not the way DH members normally behave. Welcome to the forums and I hope to see you around again.

9. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

OK, I'll try to help waverider65, to show that I'm not that evil ;)

The Creative web site doesn't have any drivers for SB Live 5.1 Digital non-Dell (it is not in their product list at all), so go here (I suppose your OS is WinXP):
    http://us.creative.com/support/down...=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=1&x=36&y=9
    download no.2 "Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack (English)" and see if it works for you - it should work with all SB Live models.

Good luck :)