IE9 Developer Preview

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by Tahir Khan, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tahir Khan

Tahir Khan Hardware Geek

Read Full Story Here.

HTML5, Javascript performance boost, plug-less video, 2D and 3D acceleration

2. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

well, being some kinda microsoft fanboy, i really dont get it why they cant just make the IE at least EQUAL to the (better) competitors.. im using IE and i have no issues at all, at least not mentionable. but i neither need anything better so i dont look for other browsers. but after reading reviews like these (Web Browser Grand Prix: The Top Five, Tested And Ranked : Introduction - sry for referring to a competitor site) and now hearing an acid3 score of 55 is what MS is proud to mention about IE9, while several other browsers in their current version achieve 100, i really think MS somehow wants IE to be bad, or do they simply neglect the existance of other browsers at all?!

3. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

I too thought it was a little strange the 55/100 Acid result, but when you consider that IE8 only scores 20/100 They've come a long way, and this appears to be an early technical demo more than anything. So hopefully we'll see 100/100 before it's released! :)

4. dagski

dagski New Member

on paper, IE9 is looking good. hope M$ folks will not overdo(read: more features, less standard compliant) it this time. :p