If you guys have never tried ZipZoomFly.....

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by HawgsHead, Sep 5, 2006.

1. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

give them a tryl.I have been ordering most of my parts from them and have found 8 of 10 times there cheeper than NewEgg....and i'm not talking 5 or 10 bux eather{on a $300.00 part lets say}Service has been great also.The parts go out the day you order them most times and they dont charge 2 or 3 bux for same day service like New Egg...I mean I like New Egg just fine,never had any problems with them in any shape,form or fashion.But U gotta save a few bucks when you can....right?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  2. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

someone mentioned zipzoomfly to me years age so im sure they've been i the buisiness for some time.Next time i build a custom RIG i'll check them out

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

A friend in the states swears by them, he's bought thousands of dollars worth of computers and video cards. He won't even try newegg.

4. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

they were the cheapest in my search of memory... too bad they dont ship overseas..

5. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

I've heard people have had trouble with returns. Is that true? I am considering getting a CPU from them

6. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I could not tell U that...I have never had to ever send back any computer part I have ever ordered.....I know it's only a matter of time though before my number comes up.

7. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

I've used zipzoomfly before and they worked fine. Personally I use newegg because I have a Newegg creditcard and it works quite well with the option of no payments for 6 months or 1.1% off and free rush processing.

8. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I've had problems with them in the past with used stuff being sold as new, and their return policy isn't as good as neweggs.....

9. Aurora

Aurora New Member

I prefer ZZF to Newegg because Newegg charges tax on TN orders, and we in TN have the highest sales tax in the USA (9.25-9.75%, depending on county).

I've needed to return to ZZF twice. The first time I couldn't get a RMA out of them and I had to sell the item on feeBay. The second time went ok.

10. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

HA!!!...feebay!....I love it!!!Thats why,when I sell something on"feebay" I NEVER take PayPal.Thats feebay's bank.I sold the last Alienware rig I had a year and a half ago and I was informed I couldnt withdraw but $500.00 per month out of the $3200.00 I got for the rig!!!!And all I was doing was transfering the $$$ out out of PayPal into my checking account!!!Then they informed me that I could get all of my $$$$ IF I had a credit card with that much credit on it for some f***ed up reason. Which,thank God,I did at the time.No more PayPal 4 me!!!!Plus they extract there pound if flesh for every transaction.Hey,I dont mind someone making a profit.Just dont buy youre grocries a whole month off of me.

11. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

I have bought several from them over the years, They used to be "Google Gear", and of course pressure from Google had nothing to do the name change. They are not cheaper on everything and they did have a hiccup or two in their customer service in the past. But they are a place to consider.

12. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

I'm one of the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me kind of people.

ZZF tried to screw me over hardcore once and I do mean hardcore.

Ever since then I won't touch them with a 10ft pole.

Anyone interested in the long story PM me as it's way too long to be posting here

13. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

I ordered a hard drive from them, it came in a anti static bag, in a box (supposed to be new) the Hard drive after being installed had files on it (used). Tried to return it, and no cigar. So I sold it on feebay, as i wanted my own new HD :(. I'd rather not go back to them except they had a good deal on AS5 awhile back and no problems.

14. Redstone

Redstone CEO Vandelay Industries

I have returned 2 items to ZZF no questions asked. Far and away my favorite vendor.

15. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Nice catch there Aurora - one of my guys (at work...) uses them regularly for the exact same reason (we all live within ten miles of one another near the Tenn. border and he lives in Tennessee) - it pays to check where they ship from for all vendors, actually... ZZF has treated him well - and I've noticed that they include shipping (advertise 'free' shipping) in all their prices.

16. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i picked up an powersupply from zzf about a month ago. everything seemed to go just fine with them.

the PSU was defective so i just went through antec for hte rma. no prblems at all that way.

17. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

While I usually use Newegg, I have bought from zipzoomfly many times.
    Reasons?
    No New Jersey tax while Newegg does charge tax.
    Free shipping
    Low prices.

One thing I do not like is the browser interface. No good sorting or filters to narrow down your choice. If you decide elsewhere then go to ZZF with an exact model it works better.

If you check them out on resellerratings.com they get a low grade (6.1 vs 9.7 for Newegg) but I don't see them being that bad.

18. FearTheTerp

FearTheTerp New Member

I compeltely agree. My past two purchased have been used products shipped as new. They dont do a very good job hiding it either. They will never get my money again, ever.