illegal street races

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by CDsDontBurn, Jun 5, 2005.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

hey guys, just wondering how many of you have been to the street races and what you guys think of them.

i'm wondering cuz i went to them for the first time i went to them last night. I know it's dangerous and that i can get pulled over and get a ticket, have my car taken away, or have my license taken away. Or worse, i can get into an accident. I am aware of the consequences, but the feeling of adrenaline rushing throughout my entire body is just so exilirating it makes me want more.

2. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

Spoken like a true serial killer.

3. CDsDontBurn

maybe i am...maybe i'm not ;). I'll let you decide that for yourself :evil:

4. Bruuce

Bruuce DriverHeaven Winner

Not to ruin your buzz, but I used to race my mustang in high school. At first it was no big deal with one accident but then I almost went over a bridge. It'll wake you up. Be extremely careful out there.

5. Drakon

Drakon New Member

I agree that with all that adrenaline pumping through your veins it can be quite exhilarating. Even though I don't own a car, my friend has taken me for rides in his mustang and by the end I was pumped and wanted more. BUT, while street races have their advantages (like being able to race anywhere there is a long stretch of road etc) I believe the disadvantages out weight the advantages. I'd take the race tracks any day. At least there is some comfort knowing that if something goes wrong, there are paramedics standing by ready to assist. Sure you have to pay to go there and they're only open at certain hrs, but that's a small price to pay imo... Just be really careful out there, CDB :)

6. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

DUDE! DIDNT YOU JUST GET AN RX-8?!?!?!

ARGHDSFDs How could you even THINK about damaging that work of art?!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

while we're at it, a few years back before I got my license, I use to street race. I'm not talking drag either. I'm talking REALLY race. You know that show Initial D? Think that, only no one is ever that good. It was insane and the dumbest thing I've ever done. DONT do it.

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

always wanted to but never have. so for now its just a littel something at the light with the dumb ass ricer vs a corvette.

8. CDsDontBurn

I know about the drag strips. There's one not even 20min. away from my place that I can go to on weekends. But the thing about there is that they're open on only Saturdays, and I work on Saturdays =\. See if they were open on Sundays, I could go there all day long if i wanted to cuz i'm off on Sundays. And the entrance fee is only like 20 bux for all day long.

well, i didn't JUST get an RX-8. I got it like 2 months ago :p. But i guess you can say that :p. As far as how i can "even THINK about damaging" my car....well, lets just say it's a pretty damn fast car :p.

even that can suck if you get caught by the cops :sigh:. I almost had an incident like that a couple days ago. I was late to work so naturally i was going pretty fast. This guy in a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT wants to race me and so he's going fast too. We end up stopping at a red light and i'm like "ok, i'll race him". So i look around for any cops, and there aren't any on the left side, on the opposing side, nor on the right side of the street. Then i look into my mirrors and i see a cop a good 10 car lengths behind us with the first car ahead of him being like 5 car lengths ahead of him. I'm like, i know he's looking at us. So when the light turns green, the guy in the Eclipse takes off and i don't....it's funny too cuz he flipped me off and i'm just slowly moving along and he's pissed i know :p. I didn't care if he had flipped me off, i'd rather been flipped off by some guy than get pulled over by the cops :p.

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i havent been to a meet or anything, but i have had like those outrun challenges they have on nfs. this gino was trying to overtake me with his riced cavilier. had to show him what the 04 accord coupe can do.

another time i beat this brown guy who wanted to race as far as we could it ended at one light lol. but i beat his 2000 maxima indeed. ive lost to a g35 miserably

10. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

They are really dangerous, but there's no denying that they get the blood pumping. I remember when I was in high school and we used to race our ford rangers (all standard of course); it was exhilarating!

11. CDsDontBurn

:drool: g35.

12. Son_of_Thunder

Son_of_Thunder New Member

My car is weird, it's a '92 Cougar, V6. It runs like crap in the winter, but in the summer it's quite fast. I haven't done anything organized, but I'll race people from one light to another on the streets. I've been beaten by a corvette and an eclipse, I've beaten a lot of cars, but the headliners would be two mustangs and a camero.

Luckily both of the mustangs were v6's, and the Camero lost control and had to drop out. The fact that I knew the guy w/ the Camero made it all the better.

13. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Don't diss the cavalier. A few of my friends have them, and i can gaurantee they'll work over a lot of vehicles out there.

14. CDsDontBurn

My first car was a 1984 v6 3.8L Cougar :). was a mighty fine car for all my high school days :). well...i shouldn't say "mighty" :lol:. It had (and still does) a few problems. The gas needle stopped working right after i got the car, so i would always have to guesstimate how much gas had been used up. The oxygen sensor had been damaged so the car would never apply a proper air/fuel mixture into the combustion process making it run sloppy. The paint has been beaten severely from just sitting out in the sun for such a long time w/o a cover, and the interior is almost as bad. The inside of the glass would always accumulate this film of oil, and it would just gross me out, so i cleaned it off the glass every week. I never did race any cars in my old Cougar that i can remember, but it wasn't in any maner in racing condition. Despite all this, i still have the car :p.

The paint is in worse condition now, the interior is still holding up pretty well, the oily film on the glass is really thick now because nobody cleans it, but the car still starts right up once you've charged the battery right up :p.

lol....my best friend has a '94 z24 Cavalier. It's pretty strong, quick car. I like it, just needs some work here and there, but nothing major.

15. scobywhru

scobywhru DriverHeaven Senile Member

My dad has had 10yrs of back problems and has had to go to a chiropractor because someone was street racing and ran a red light t-boning my dads truck on the driver side just behind the driver door and if he hadn't floored it when he saw her coming he would be dead, she also nearly killed her daughter sitting in the passanger seat with no setabelt. the shell off the back of the truck flew 50 feet from the accident.

If you want to race do it at the track, don't be a complete jerk and put other peoples lives at stake, car accidents can be extremely brutal and even if you live your life as you know it can be over.

You aren't just risking your life you are risking my life and any one else on the road

16. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

I don't mind racers as long as I don't see them and they're not in traffic. Ricers, however, get their cars keyed.

17. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

You want a good thrill for your RX-8? Try autocross. (Also called Autoslalom, Solo II) It's a rush, should improve your driving skills, and is a reasonably inexpensive sport.

I hate to see people street race. Yes, you may never have an accident, but it takes only one to ruin your life.

18. CDsDontBurn

where can i find one of these?

19. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

Check the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) website, under Solo. Here's a link to a regional map. I'm not sure where you live, so I can't be more specific than that. Click here

20. CDsDontBurn

i live in southern california. i'll check out the link. thanks :)