I'm having a bad day and I want to whine.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by digitalwanderer, Dec 16, 2002.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Jeeeze, what a freaking Monday! I was up until about 2 last night burning disks and tweaking in Babs, (The Pink Princess, the new 'puter I've built for me daughter. She's not in service officially 'til tomorrow so no sig change 'til then. ;) ), since the wife worked all weekend and I had the kids and couldn't really get anything done. (Well, I did paint it. I guess that's something, but it was a PAIN-IN-THE-ASS to do while watching the kids. :rolleyes: ) I figured I was safe since it was Monday today so I knew me wife worked in the morning so she'd get up with the boy and get him ready for school. With luck they wouldn't even wake me daughter and I'd get to sleep until 8:30-9!

Ha, ha-ha. Right.

About 15 minutes after I crash the wife becomes violently ill. The rest of the night is spent listening to her rushing to/from the bathroom making all manners of icky-sick noises. (I'm NOT knocking her; she's genuinely, miserably sick and I feel sympathy and am trying to comfort here....it just ain't fun and it couldn't have been at a worse time.) She must have been alternating 'tween hotflashes and chills, cause I had to change the sheets from being sweatsoaked and woke up with 4 extra blankets on me.

Did I say "woke up", I don't think I ever woke up. Waking up involves sleeping, and I think that un-qualifies me.

So I "got up" at 6:30 to me bright-eyed and bushy-tailed son. (GADS! I can't stand people who are cheerful in the morning, even me own kids!) I pretended to be all happy; got him all fed, cleaned, dressed, packed, and bundled then got to walk him out to his bus at his insistance....in me SpongeBob pajamas. (Did I mention I was a bit loopy/out-of-it/not really awake this morning? I meant to mention that.) I didn't notice, 'til Gail the busdriver pointed it out to me chuckling and some cars that were stopped for the bus honked and the drivers all smiled, waved, or gave me a chuckling thumbs-up. :rolleyes:

Came back to the house to me daughter yelling at me. "Daddy, DADDY!!! BIRTHDAY DAY!!!! Where's my pink Barbie compoooter?!?", with another eye-blinding smile and a twinkle in her eye that would move most anyone to tears of joy....cept me 'cause I'm thoroughly immune to that kind of shit and can be a mean and spiteful sonny-bitch no matter what. (I have to be, it's part of the job.) I nicely 'plained to her that her birthday wasn't until tomorrow, so she wouldn't be getting present 'til then which she graciously conceeded and accepted after only a few hours of screaming and whining.

Then I drank some coffee, figured the worst was over. The wife called off work and went back to sleep, the daughter and me were off to the neat new arts and crafts store we found to pick up some sequins, beads, ribbon, lace, and glitter to finish off the Barbie 'Puter project. (You folks are not going to BELIEVE this thing, you're going to die laughing. Me daughter is going to love it, I'm going totally over-the-top on how it looks. :) ) Until I hear her yell from the living room, "Box is here Daaaaaaaaddddy!". So sure enough the UPS guy is dropping off a box, a Power Puff girls tricycle to be precise. In it's store packaging, with a nice 2'x3' glossy color picture on the side of the damned thing for me daughter to see.

So she ends up getting one of her presents early, I didn't even fight her over it. I know when I'm screwed. :rolleyes:

So the trip to get the needed materials is off to put a PPG trike together with a tyke, LOTS of fun. My daughter apparently likes the hammer best, I don't want to talk about it anymore. :(

It is now 11:15am and I've been up since about 6:30am yesterday. In addition to all the usual, my house is totally trashed from me and the kids this weekend and me wife is sick. My daughter is trying to drive her trike around the living room even though her feet don't touch the pedals and refuses to get off it for any reason, I even tried to get her to go to the toy store and she refused! (Her favorite place, it's never failed til now.) I've just about given up on the hopes of pulling anything good out of me day and am just trying to figure out a way to get my house cleaned, pick up some finishing touches to Babs, hit the Post Office, and go and pick up a surge protector for the new PC. (Preferably pink. ;) )

OH SHEEET! And a desk & chair! I should probably have a place to PUT the damned thing.

Sorry, no real point to this thread. I just had to rant before me brain exploded. I'm gonna go see about talking the daughter into a nap and re-grouping for another go at things after a brief intermezzio to drink coffee and chill for a bit.

:duh: :duh:

2. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

I rekcon you need to put this in a online journal, and then look at it a year later and have a good laugh :)

3. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

You too huh? I had to spend one of my days off reformatting an XP2100 system that was resisting setup with every ounce of it's being. I spent 14 hours before I finally got the stupid thing going right. OHHHH!! :mad: That PC has got some kind of an intermittance going on or something, but I think I finally got it licked. Now, I'll probably be expected to spend my 2nd day off installing all the software back into it, too.

Kind of a different situation, but still aggravating to the max. Especially when I just got a new game to play and haven't even got to check it out yet.

AND THE PC WASN'T EVEN MINE!!!! (belongs to my brother.)

I feel your pain dude. Thank goodness for caffeine.

4. Louie6666

Louie6666 Just One Sick-Lizard

I second that! after my last week! (see arrh for a decent job) I might do the same..Didn't get job i wanted, two servers decided to play silly buggers, my main box decided to throw wobbly on bios flash(I love YOU bootblock) after sorting that my room is pig sty cat5 everywhere, not a case on a computer, cd's & floppies!!!! everywhere(one server won't boot from CD arrrrhhh)

Oh final crunch was downloading software 3am Sunday, my cat gets me banned from an IRC server 4 nearly crashing it by spam after sitting on a keyboard....Trying to explain that to an op at 3 in morning was fun...

I feel for you, at least most my probs are only tech related....my family live 5 hours away which has its good & bad points...but at least when i've had a hard nite i can rest properly..apart from the crazy cat bertie...trying to train him keyboards aren't place for his arse :)

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

:D :D :D :D :D

6. David

David Banned

/me gets out little violin , Pardon me would you like alittle more "WHINE" with those crackers? heh j/k I have a bad day just about every day I hope yours gets better

7. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

wah.

yellow jackets are your friend!!!

8. fornicatarachnid

fornicatarachnid Clanless

Good story dig, especially this bit, it brought back soo many

happy memories lol :eek:

Hope you managed to get a bit of peace in the

end :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

9. Louie6666

Perhaps this should be basis for new comp..most comical/uncomical bad day, of course, this would have to be votable lol... & the grand prize something like strait jacket, plus comfy padded cell..might stop me from denting walls with my head :p

I'm sure some of us would be in with great chance of winning! :)

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

No Doubt, whew I thought my Monday was bad:duh:

My regards DIGI, Ive been there,

And Louie Louie, havent heard from ya,
    PM me or something, want to know how your doing

Mac D:D

11. DriveEuro

DriveEuro New Member

DIGI... You are one hell of a guy.

12. Agen75mith

Agen75mith Banned

Moral of the story... Don't have kids.

13. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

I'm sure your parents agree with you :p

14. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Oh bao, Mr. banned-Agen75mith-from-Kansas-City-with-dial-up-though-Level3-ISP, looks like you have been taken down again

ToshiroOC

Must suck to be you

15. Louie6666

Can someone translate this for me, in relation to this thread :)

16. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

lol, just im laughing at Agen75mith, a real jackass who is probably fuming at these forums and lurking because of his chronic lack of an account here... and is being bashed by yet another mod...

He was rather extremely insulting to me and the forum as a whole, calling everyone fascist and other wonderful, warm, peachy-fuzzy words, so I'm just posting so if he ever follows up and looks at what I've posted about him he gets pissed.

ToshiroOC

PM me if you want more detail, this thread has unfortunately and unintentionally gotten off topic a bit because of me.

17. Louie6666

OT

Looks like he's been banned anyway lol, so he will not be replying :)

18. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Hey, it's all good.

That's ok, me days have improved tremendously and I don't have the slightest inclination to whine now. Besides, this IS the off-topic lounge. Feel free to let this thread meander wherever it may, it's meant to encourage conversation more than anything else. ;)

19. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Well then, let me just say that Agen75mith was banned because of above said behavior, though not immediately. He attempted to spam to enter the 9500 contest, and when he was told not to by me, he got somewhat... verbally abusive. A mod deleted his spams and his rather strong verbal abuse, and so he posted a paragraph-long rant about how this site was run by fascists (interestingly enough, he did so ON THIS SITE, but anyway), and after that, all of his inflammatory stuff was spirited off to the Private Moderator's Forum land and he was banned. He was stupid enough to ive me enough information to get his IP, and from there I tracert/whoised his a$$ and found him on a dialup connection in Kansas City (with rather bad pings too, like 900ms from here in Los Angeles, which is pretty bad since I ping the west coast at 20ms and east coast at 50ms...) so.. ya thats basically what happened. Opinions, questions?

20. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

yeah 2 questions

Why do you talk about this so much?
    Where has reno been?

Btw: :p