I'm trying to find the name of this movie...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by GigaWatt, Jul 21, 2009.

1. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

the movie was released on the late 80's or early 90's, i really can't remember... anyway, the story on the movie goes like this: a husband and a wife are trying to kill each other (i can't seem to remember the reason why, but i don't think it was mentioned in the movie either). sometimes the weapon is a falling chimney or a cut oil hose for the breaks of the car. anyway, in the beginning neither of them suspect each other, they just think the accidents are just some random uncorrelated streaks of bad luck. after a while they start to suspect each other and the homicide attempts get even more aggressive. in the end, they both catch each other in the act and after a huge quarrel they start to make love on the ground, right in their back yard (don't take my word for the making love part, i was too young to remember clearly LOL :D).

the movie is basically a comedy, there are lot's of comic events in it, like preparing the booby traps that are meant to kill each other... hahahaha :D, oh boy, i still remember the one with the oil hose... hahahhaa :D (that one was prepared by the husband, and the wife was driving LOL :D).

anyway, if somebody can shed some light to what the name of the movie is, it would be really great... ;) i googled around for hours with no results... :S

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I haven't seen it in almost 20 years so I can't remember the details, but sounds a bit like War of the Roses.

WotR

GigaWatt likes this.
  3. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

yeah yhat sounds likr WOR, do you recall the stars?

GigaWatt likes this.
  4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I think WOR is right I couldn't think of it last night. Another one that was pretty good was Mr. and Mrs. Smith but that is of course newer and from 2005.

5. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

yeah, Mr. And Mrs. Smith was the most common answer while googleing... :S

jackpot :D... that looks like the movie i saw when i was a kid... LOL :D... would really love to see it again... ;)

thanks for the help guys... :D

i think Michael Douglas was the husband in the movie, and as wiki points out, he does star in WOR, so i guess that's the movie... ;)

6. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Its been a few years since i last saw WotR...I don't recall that part was in the back yard..I thought that was in the hall way...May be wrong.

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Its DeVito's narration that ties it all together.
    He still cracks me up

8. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Throw Momma From the Train? :p Nah, that's Mr. DeVito at his best, except, of course, in Ruthless People.