In need of some P5AD2 Premium info

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by PeeAir, Sep 29, 2004.

1. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

Yeah anyone know if i can use DDR2 675 Mhz in a P5AD2 Premium mother board .

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  2. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

someone moved me here and being sooooooooooo low in the forum posts it appears no one has seen this or ummmm no one knows the answer to the question OR ? (shrug)

3. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

no you can not...it support DDR2 400 and 533 Dual channel...no 667, sorry

4. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

X-Plu-Nation required

DDR2 600 Native Support
    [​IMG]Although Intel's 925X, 915P and 915G chipsets claimed to only support DDR2 400/533, ASUS engineers successfully unleashed their true potential. This model offers native DDR2 600, eliminating the bottleneck when overclocking both the CPU and memory. With current processors supporting 800MHz FSB, ASUS motherboards, the only solutions with native DDR2 600, will provide superior performance for the most demanding applications.

Please explain what dat meenz eh ?

5. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

sounds like asus is the way to go then...though it doesnt say whether it will run in dual channel as well...which will eliminate alot of your performance increase. you would also have to have a pretty strong OC on the cpu's fsb to match the memory running that high wouldnt you?

6. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

Well this is what I am trying to establish, from what i can make out the board should be able too take ddr2 675 Mhz mem chips. I am not too clued up on OC'ing and i speak under correction here but i think i read somewhere on the net that this board can be OC''ed to a FSB of 1066Mhz. I was hopeing one of the DriverHeaven OC guru's could answer that for me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  7. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

This is the best PCI express motherboard out there (to this point). very costly mind you but if you dont mind paying ASUS are hard to beat.

9. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

You heard anything about the 925XE's yet Zardon ?

10. HardwareHeaven

not a lot to be honest. thing is if you hold off there will always be something new around the corner. sometimes you just gotta jump in and get your hands dirty !

Im playing with this ASUS mobo atm, and ive gotten the extreme edition 3.4 to 3.8ghz on a stock intel cooler, no core voltage increase, 533 ram is at 620mhz..... 30k in 3dmark01, 14.5k in 03 and 6.4 in 05. a nice system, loaded with connections ......

11. PeeAir

PeeAir New Member

this is better than good I've liked that board since it was released i look forward to reading your review on it. Probably seal the deal for me.

12. Dis Skillz

Dis Skillz New Member

This might be a little thread-hijacking I apologize, but my friend is having an issue where his performance is very sub-par. His system is:
    P4 3.4 [800 FSB]
    1GB Corsair DDR2 533 in Dual Channel
    Sapphire X800XT
    Asus P5AD2 Premium

in 3dmark05 his score is about 3100 and the system is new, only things installed are SP2, drivers for sound, lan, etc. and is using Cat 4.10 with CCC. At bootup the POST Voice message says, "system failed due to cpu overclocking" even though we havent touched the overclock functions and the cpu speed still reads 3400Mhz. The CPU temp reads 82C at bootup (1 case fan installed, more to come). If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, thank you. (could the beta 8.07 drivers possibly fix this issue?)

13. HardwareHeaven

is this revision 1008 bios? download that bios on another machine, flash via floppy on boot up, instructions are in the manual.

14. Dis Skillz

Dis Skillz New Member

yes it should be 1.008 though he updated using that update program Asus has from windows. ( i dont really trust bios updates from that method, but he did it anyways.). We'll try flashing using a floppy disk as soon as we can grab a spare floppy drive :D