Install Audigy4 drivers on your SB Live!/Audigy/Audigy 2/Audigy2 ZS

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Dec 13, 2004.

1. XibaD

XibaD New Member

The trouble was with SBLive! Now I have Audigy2 and it's gone

;)

2. Shamanix84

Shamanix84 New Member

Should i install "Creative_PAX-NewYearv1.2" or "PAX-NewYear2005"? Or maybe the first one with the software from the second? I'm confused with all the drivers... heheh

3. schwret

schwret New Member

Install you the PAX-NewYear2005 she they wonderful. a top sound. excellent

4. Didilo

Didilo New Member

Some said that installing these Audigy drivers in a SB Live! makes the volume higher than with ordinary Live! drivers. I wanna know if is that true, because my Logitech Z-640 had the subwoofer module burned, the sub speaker broken, and its bobine burned too. It has occured a month or earlyer since I installed Audigy2 ZS drivers in my SB Live!, but actually I don't know if this is really the reason. I bought the Z-640 here in Brazil for R$370, and I'll have to pay R$100 for Logitech assistaince (in US$ it's something like US$130 and US$40, respectively). So I wanna know if this higher volume produced with the Audigy drivers on the Live! could be the reason for my sub being burned.

Thank's in advance!

5. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

There is a distortion or hizzing that EAX4 causes if you get Audigy2 ZS drivers running on SBLive. You gotta try YouP PAX VI v.2.0, wich improves volume for SBLive.
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=66519
    and gimme feedback for highter version (next verion supports English only, no Chinese).:)

6. The_d00d

The_d00d New Member

Ok I'm Glad it's fixxed HAve fun and enjoy! I know I am.

P.S. Sorry for Getting Back to you so late Had my cable modem die and it took them a week to get me a new one.

7. leeperry

leeperry New Member

these drivers do not work at all on my french XP SP1 with a regular Audigy2 :(

I only tried the "music" drivers, dunno if the "games" ones are any different.

the normal installation never ended, complaining some files were not regular WIN32 apps.

then I restarted, uninstalled through the setup, restarted and tried to update the drivers through the windows device manager.

It did work, but then the drivers were NOT whql certified and dxdiag crashed, and since I installed them I've encountered a lot of freezings, with binary bleeps for one second before the computer froze.

I'll stick to the latest official drivers, they work just fine :cool:

too bad I'm a musician so I would have enjoyed your drivers, even though I'm not convinced that they improve the sound quality :hmm:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  8. Tappy

Tappy New Member

Help

Could someone help me! I have Audigy 2 ZS Plantinum and attempted to install the PAX-NEWYEAR2005 driver. I select option 2 and go through the process until I recieve an error message indicating "Setup did not detect required components setup will exit" with option to click OK. I do this and the software continues to install, the system reboots, however I cannot get into any software and the audio devices of the control panel indicate that there is no driver installed.

Not sure if this is a part of the installization process as well but part way through the installization process an additional install screen pops up along with PAX screen (you can toggle back and forth between screens)which looks like a Creative install for Audigy 2. I ignored this screen and continued with the PAX setup. Is this OK? Either way I cannot get the drivers installed on my system:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . I'd appreciate some direction.

Thanks for any anticipated help.

9. Tappy

Tappy New Member

Bump..

10. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

check the other thread

11. Nutzu

Nutzu New Member

hi everyone.
    this mod support SB LIVE! 24 bit? the YouP PAX drivers supports it?
    thx.