Instant mouse doubleclick

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by funbill, Aug 6, 2003.

1. funbill

funbill New Member

I was wonedring what the problem may be with my microsoft optical intellimouse. It seems to randomly do automatic doubleclicks instantaneously with a single click if I do any touch harder than necessary, i e If touched harder than a feather it does 2 clicks and things open and close, normally would be highlitghted apps are opened, and boxes remain perpetually uncecked, as a cllick checks then unchecks at same time. Is this with the actual mouse, or a problem with a driver? :duh: :duh: Dunno if there was old driver from wheelmouse that needed to be uninstalled or what. It did this from beginning I think, but it was in storage for a long time so no warranty etc. can be used.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

check your mouse settings.... i've come across alot of mice setup that way for some reason... (other people said it just started).... there is a setting for single clicked-double click...

3. funbill

funbill New Member

Where exactly is that setting...

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

start/ control panel/ mouse and other settings

5. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

When you say that this happens if you touch harder than a feather, what does the button actually feel like compared to the right mouse button?

does it have very little resistance and does it feel like it clicks properly?

6. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

I was having this problem for a while. I did check all the various settings, including the one in TweakUI "detect accidental double-clicks". Nothing worked.

It took a reformat to get rid of the problem. Hasn't done it since. I think, in my case, it had something to do with switching from a Logitech mouse to an MS mouse. The wire shorted-out in the Logitech mouse......

7. funbill

funbill New Member

As a matter of fact, the left mouse button is about twice as easy to press than the right mouse. Right mouse feels more like a click, left has little resistance.

8. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Souds like it's worn out and/or defective. Time for a new mouse I think :uhoh:

9. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Yep, what he said.

10. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I have a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse, and the clicks are exactly the same in terms of needed pressure on both buttons. Sounds like something is broken in your mouse :(