intellipoint on mx700?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by kbleft, Apr 25, 2003.

1. kbleft

kbleft New Member

I need some help installing MS intellipoint drivers with my new logitech mx700. I've heard it can work, and for personal comfort reasons, I don't like the mouseware drivers. I want to try the MS drivers, but I've had problems.

I'm using windows 2000, and I have downloaded the intellipoint 4.1 software. When I run setup, I choose "Intellimouse optical" as my "surrogate" mouse (I have also tried Wireless Intellimouse Explorer). The computer reboots, and afterward, the mouse runs fine, but the control panel remains as the default windows mouse tabs. Also, the mouse drivers have not been updated in Device Manager.

Is there something that I am not doing correctly? Do I need to force the install in some way?

thanks.

2. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Are you positive it works with the MX700? From what I've heard it only works with the 500. I'd be interested in knowing this myself

3. Hornizuka

Hornizuka New Member

From what i have heard. It wont work.

4. kbleft

kbleft New Member

Yeah, I haven't been able to figure it out.

5. strugz

strugz New Member

I can't get it working even on the MX500. I installed intellipoint just the way I used to when I had an A4Tech WOP-35 mouse, but the intellipoint features are not there, no matter which driver I install for the mouse. My next option will be to try using it in the PS/2 port, but I don't hold out much hope...

This is a really annoying situation! I really wish Logitech would get their act together and sort out the "cruise control" (which is much too fast and barely useable), "universal scroll" (which is much too fast and completely unusable) and also the inability to choose program-specific button functions. Not to mention the dodgy drivers, which have managed to crash my machine at times!

If anyone can help with the MX500/MX700/IntelliPoint problem it would be greatly appreciated :)

6. strugz

strugz New Member

It worked. Just stick it in the PS/2 port, then XP will detect it as a "PS/2 compatible mouse" then you can install and use IntelliPoint. Not sure this works with the MX700 but it definitely does with the MX500.

7. Thilias

Thilias New Member

yes it works with the mx700
    though ive found by far the best drivers are the intellipoint 4.12
    its got that program specific options
    set buttons to do diff stuff with diff programs

take it outta usb and plug into ps/2
    it wont reconize those drivers as usb

manually choose where to look for drivers and point to the intellipoint drivers

http://members.shaw.ca/LtThilias/mouse.JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  8. strugz

strugz New Member

You're absolutely right about the 4.12 drivers. The 5.0 ones are shockingly bad! Micro$oft need to ask themselves: how can the removal of features (such as program-specific buttons) be called "improvement"? :rolleyes: