Is 790i ultra better than X-58???

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by scurvy, Feb 3, 2009.

1. scurvy

scurvy So Cutesy Wootsy

from a purely Tri-SLI standpoint???

cos X-58 does tri SLI at 16x 8x 8x. Just wondering does 790i Ultra do it at 16x 16x 16x?

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Not all X48 does x16 + x8 + x8. The ones with the Nforce 200 bridgechip (like the eVGA X58 Classified) do all three slots at x16.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

x48.. i think that's the 4th time i've seen you state that chipset lowfat.. .lol :p

considering that even the top end single GPU cards still aren't fully capable of flooding the 16x pci-ex 1.0 standard...... that suggests that it isn't capable of doing that to a 8x pci-ex 2.0 port... so i wouldn't be at all concerned..

Personally i would never touch a nforce board for at least 2 years or better..... i've continueously been burnt from my past purchased and sales of those boards...... near 100% failure rates..

4. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

:(

Funny thing is unless you said something I doubt I would have ever noticed. :sigh:

5. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

That sucks, it's been quite the opposite with me, the few times I've ventured into ATI land, nothing but failures.

Weird how that can happen.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

ATI motherboard chipsets?

I don't put much faith into those either, although the Xpress 3200 are performing excellent and are very stable..... more then i can say about the nforce boards here...

Typically i would crop it up to bad shipments or string or bad luck or going with the same retailer/supplier.... but it's evident just in the sheer wack of HP or other prebuilts that are failing left and right with nfroce 2/3/4/++++ boards..... just up and dieing for no reason or causing stability issues unable to be resolved.

Same goes for the laptops with nvidie mobile GPUs..... i've now come across 2 of which just around here with failing GPUs ..... it's not a myth