is this a bit cheeky???

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by trevbushell, Jun 21, 2006.

1. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

need your help...is this a bit cheeky???

hey travelrec, russ, maddog, lex etc....

have a listen to this song of mine... its my alltime favourite which i made 5 years ago......

but i havent ever put it on this site as it has a wav sample that im unsure of copyright wise!! It is the orchesteral piece and i dont know where i got it from so have not put it up here so as not to break the rules....... but i would love to know what you think and whether you can place where the orchesteral piece comes from so i can sort out copyright as id love to send it to record companies.....can you help identify it for me? http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jc.bushell/freestyle_in_my_slippers.mp3

i will remove immediatley if someone is unhappy, but i really need your help to find the wav file so i can ask permission!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  2. Tiger M

Tiger M kX user

I'm guessing it might be from some movie

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hi Trev,
    Actually, I did listen to this one before, as it was up on the original website you were using. I had thought at the time that it did sound like something I had heard before, but could not (and still cannot) place it.

4. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

aw hnx for trying though... looks like ill never find out!?anyone know how you can find out these sort of things?? ive tried the KVR forum and no response at all.

5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

it does have a familiar sound to it… could it be one of the old bond movies?

6. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

Beautifull!
    I think the samples are great but you did a good job too. It might be from any french or 60's-70's movie but it reminded me some track (real vibes) of "the wiseguys" that recorded with "The wall of sound" label.
    maybe you could contact them (www.wallofsound.net)as I think its their style so they might have the required knowledge.
    Great tune!

7. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Hi Trev,

I think these fragments are short enough to break no rules - finally they are loops of some seconds. Of course there is some recognition value but who knows? Let´s say it is a modern kind of making music :)

8. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

thnx stamvas, ill try them,

travelrec thnx also.... are you saying you think the wav files are too short to cause a problem?

9. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Yes, I think so. I believe there were a law that said that short samples of xx seconds are not problematic with copyright things, but don´t nail me on the wall about this...

10. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

stamvas- i tried emailing this record co but it bounced back , thnx anyway for your suggestion
    trev
    travelrec... thnx i think its 2 secs or less- this wav file is over 2 secs so would still be under copyright i think
    trev