Is Your Linksys SD2008 Switch Overheating or Losing Connectivity?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I usually don't talk about routers and switches here on Legit Reviews, but I'm going to make an exception this time around. I purchased a Linksys SD2008 Gigabit switch from Best Buy late last year that was actually used to link together my personal computers to the Home Theater Personal Computer (HTPC) and the beloved Network-Attached Storage (NAS) box. Just a few weeks ago my LAN connection would just drop and I'd have to physically power down the Linksys SD2008 switch in order to get the LAN back up and running. While doing this over the next few weeks I noticed just how hot the Linksys SD2008 8-port Gigabit switch got (even in my cool basement). It got so hot that the rubber feet on the bottom of the router would actually slide off! With the connection dropping daily and super hot case issue I headed to the internet to see what others were saying about this drive after I bought it.

2. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

I have a v3 and a v2. Never had any problems with either of them. The v2 is in the basement and all ports are used. It does feel warmer then the v3.