It it just me or is television getting more RETARDED?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dawgXdenta, Dec 2, 2009.

1. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

I have a serious aversion towards waiting One Whole week for another episode that why I wait till they are all out and watch them all in one go ;) online or after a download spree on the main sites.

2. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

I totally feel you there.. I hate that they hook you, then make you wait. It really pisses me off with smallville lately because They take this long break from Thanksgiving to January, and it's like, you jerks!

24... Ah that show, I just remember I have 24 hour marathons when I watch it. hehe.

3. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Amen to that. Seems to me that the mass majority of children and pre-teen programming is aimed at the immature and slightly stupid. I liked T.V. as a kid, but as I got older, I really got into movies. They are far more entertaining.

Speaking of the Disney Channel, have any of you noticed that even little boys(like my current girlfriend's son) are way too into shows like Hannah Montana, Sonny With A Chance and other psuedo-comedic Disney movies that should be for girls? I understand that some people feel that's a statement based in misogyny or sexism, but seriously, when the hell did Hannah Montana become cool for boys to watch? I would have made fun of that kid for like the whole school year and thrown snowballs at his head during recess with rocks in the middle. :p

When I was his age, six, I was into The A-Team, G.I. Joe, any Marvel Comics show, Thundercats, Galaxy Rangers, that movie The Last Starfighter and other things that seemed, well, more boyish. But it's not even the masculinity factor that's important - those shows were also complete concepts with storylines that had progression and depth as well as awe-inspiring, iconographic imagery and artistry. So maybe the real question is:

Q: Is it just me or are PEOPLE becoming more retarded?
    A: Indeed.

4. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

FWIW, studies have shown that even educational TV is bad for kids.

Baby Einsteins: Not So Smart After All - TIME

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Not just you!!

Almost nothing but garbage on today!!​

6. nemo.sensei

nemo.sensei Member

mainstream tv sucks everywhere :)

7. Noodl3

Noodl3 Wannabe Drama Queen

I love Chuck :) Tv has got worse was talking about it today with someone I like to watch comedies mainly like scrubs etc even though its trashy tv but I love decent dramas and plays. But have resorted to watching films and episodes of futurama and family guy on DVD.

8. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

Wow man, the jury really is out! Almost everyone here on DH considers TV as nonsense, no, filthy good for nothing nonsense is more like it, good thing we have computers which will revolutionize what we choose to watch, news papers are already feeling the sting .TV will have its day as well, just gotta get the rest of the dumb asses out there a bit smarter:D:D

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

This is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!

Mainstream EVERYTHING SUCKS EVERYWHERE!