kx 3538k release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

hi there,

pls check kx 3538k release:
    http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/downloads/kxdrv3538k-full.exe

previous build (3538j: http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=97845)
    please review this link for details. also read Project Status

note: there were NO significant changes in this version, except additional a2zs notebook features + some minor sb0610 (a4 value) initalization issue (I added an option that might affect digital output / line input - please check).
    --
    asio code is the same. I will probably check 3534f-3538 difference soon;
    ac3 decoding stability -might- have improved (pls check)
    --
    as usual, no 24/96, 64 bit, EAX2 etc..
    --
    please check this build. try to reproduce BSOD issue with volume controls (I have never been able to do this myself): turn off automatic reboot (control panel - system - advanced - start-up and recovery: uncheck 'automatic restart', choose 'small memory dump') - if managed to, find minidump (usually in your c:\windows\minidump folder), WinRar it and send it to me with full bug description (include all BSOD numbers!)
    --
    known issues with a2zsnb and supported features:
    - I cannot make analog inputs work. at all...
    - SPDIF input/output + all analog outputs should be o.k.
    - on the 'ins and outs' page there are invalid inputs + graphics for testing purposes. SPDIF Input is accessible as 'Generic' input.
    - on certain chipsets a2zsnb produces the same 'constant noise instead of audio'. this might require PCI latency modifications. please review the thread in 'bug reports' forum and let me know if you manage to fix the issue. at the moment, it is possible to fix this by running 'kxctrl -rv' AND/OR playing a MIDI file AND/OR enable/disable device (don't forget to unload kxmixer first!).

"kxctrl -shw 22 value" will change input source (at least, will try to: values are 0,1,2,3 -- this doesn't work, unfortunately, but keep trying. review ALSA drivers if you have enough time. latest build, 1.12?, does not support line input, if I'm not mistaken)
    --
    future plans: I would like to release 3539 officially, based on 3538k, provided we fix BSOD issue. no additional features are expected in 3539. there will be NO 3538 final, the next stable build will be 3539. after that, I really hope to start working on x64 version of the driver, provided I get the hardware (might take 1-2 months). Vista support -might- come later.
    --

good luck and enjoy
    --

as always, any updates, new code, new effects, translations, whatever, are welcome. pls send them by e-mail. pls check 'delivery report' in your mail client to ensure I received your message.

E.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Download link does not appear to be working at the moment...

---
    Thanks, fixed that! /E

Confirmed, it is now working...
    -Russ

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

d/l link is fixed

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

You did not mention installation instructions... I had some problems (kxmixer crashing at startup) doing an upgrade install, probably due to incompatible plugins (seems 3538j plugins are not compatible). In any case, I started kxmixer manually (without the --startup switch), and reintialized the DSP to get it working, and then did a reset global settings to remove incompatible plugins. In any case, users may want to do a clean install, or if upgrading, reintialize the DSP before installing, and then reset global settings at some point (similair to installation for 3538j).

5. Mata Hari

Mata Hari Active Member

yay :)

6. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

mm, is thereany 38k or 39 sdk available? (just getting scared of Russ reported incompability)

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It includes the updated 3538 SDK that is compatible with 3538k.

8. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

38k comes with 38k SDK
    I will change plugin version # in 3539
    --
    I wonder what's the reason for incompatibilities...
    yes: uninstall/re-install is preferred, since kX Setup does not handle versions with the same major number properly (e.g. 3538i and 3538j)

E.

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Not sure, all the plugins do register successfully (with the exception of ProFX (v3.05), which gives an Error: invalid plugin libary (<-- still mis-spelled, hehe)), but kxmixer crashes if you try to load them. They do work fine however, when recompiled with the new SDK.

BTW: For those who may not understand, the bundled plugins (and .da plugins) work fine as usual.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Hey Max M, You said you were waiting for 3538 Final to release UFX. Now Eugene say's no 3538 only 3539 stable...so are you planning on doing a UFX for 3539? I would think alot of people are really interested. I really miss those plugins..I cannot use them on my new card because it's not compatible with older version of the driver....

11. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the bsd with the volume change, so all looks good with that. Actually, the volume sliders seem to be a bit smoother in this release. The thing that was causing this for me was having the multimedia keyboard option selected, now it's working fine.

12. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

Is it me, or does the bass channel seem a bit improved too?

13. bzdang

bzdang New Member

Griffin Powermate master volume BSODs

FWIW, I was getting bsods in 3538j while using a usb connected Griffin Powermate knob to control master volume. Using 3538k now (with w2000) and will report any bsods that occur.

Looking fwd to stable 3539, and Max's UFX !

14. adi111p

adi111p Sound Quality Freak

Kernel Streaming

To Eugene:

How can I playback multichannel at 96KHz using KernelStreaming? It seems that I can't manage to make it work on 3538k too...

I am using the same code that works with Creative drivers @96KHz and KX@48KHz/16bit, but no chance to work with KX@96KHz...

How KX needs the data? I used 24bit packed in 32bit, 96KHz and KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_QUAD flag used when trying 4channels, but CreateRenderPin returns null ...

15. Nando Dominguez

Nando Dominguez New Member

Hi all. Can anyone send me the lang.ini file? I want to update the spanish translation but I haven't got any computer with a sb card at the moment. I'm using an emu card and by installing kx I will really get in troubles.

Thanx
    Nando

16. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

strange - I did a search on my pc - and no lang.ini exists - nor is there anything that even looks like a lang.ini file (by a different name) ... ???

If you can tell be where to find it, maybe I can send it??

17. wmjordan

wmjordan kX Driver @ China

Use winrar to open the kxskin.kxs file (Hmm, yes, it is an RAR file actually), and lang.ini is there.

18. Nando Dominguez

Nando Dominguez New Member

Yes, that is. Sorry, I didnĀ“t explain myself enough.

19. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

@Nando, did you get the file you requested (did someone send it to you as of yet)?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  20. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer