kx 3538k release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Nando Dominguez

Nando Dominguez New Member

I've got it. Thank you Russ and thank you Maddogg6 :)

2. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

you need to open Wave HQ and allocate all outputs simultaneously (2 or 8)
    both packed 24-bit and 32 bit will fit.

install any debugging monitor and watch its output - kx.sys will let you know if something goes wrong...

E.

3. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

Just posting an update to the BSOD info I posted a few days ago. So far, my machine has been up since that last post without a reboot and I've used the K build of the drivers in many ways possible and it would appear the bug has been fixed.

4. Vadim_K

Vadim_K New Member

So your last BSOD was on previous KX version ? And no more BSODs with K installed ?:hmm:

I tried to get BSOD's info too, but I've reinstalled windows in 1-2 days after installing the K version, and I don't remember: there were BSODs in this 1-2 days witk K version or not. The result is that I have no BSODs too after installing K version on fresh Windows installaton, but I'm not sure that BSODs disappeared because of K version - may be it's because of Windows reinstalling. So, may be NightBreed is right that bug is fixed, but may be he's not right. And I advise to not hurry with resume, that bug is fixed and still test K-version at least 2-3 weeks. Cause I'm not sure that it will not happens again :wtf:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  5. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

My problems with the BSOD was only with the multimedia keyboard option selected in the previous version of the driver. No matter how many reinstalls of both KX and Windows that problem always resurfaced.

So, for my particular situation, the 'K' build of the drivers works great and I have not recieved a single BSOD from the time of driver install to present day. And my machine runs constant with little or no reboots for days, (unless one is needed for updates, installs, etc).... Hopefully that info gives some insite as to the stability of the drivers and the BSOD errors.

6. Vadim_K

Vadim_K New Member

The talk was about BSOD on moving Master Volume fader. There is topic about this problem here. I have this problem and other users too. I never used multimedia keyboard option and you are right: computer never have BSODs because of KX Driver and works for days or weeks if You don't change the volume by the Master Volume fader. The problem is that sometimes these BSODs happens 3-5 times in a day when moving the fader, but also BSODs don't happen for a weeks sometimes on moving the fader. And this is the reason why I propose to test K version some more time, to be sure that problem fixed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  7. bzdang

bzdang New Member

No more BSODS here

I haven't had any more BSODs with my Griffen Powermate knob, I consider the bug squished. Thanks!

8. Vadim_K

Vadim_K New Member

Ohh. I see that there was similar problem with remote control :) So I can say that I have no BSODs with K version installed, but from the other hand, may be it will happens again, cause, if I'm rightly understand, Eugen make nothing especially for fixing this bug in this K version, if Im not wrong/

9. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

I guess I should be a little more specific. When talking about the mutimedia keyboard and the BSOD, I should have stated that the BSOD was caused by having this enabled and controling the volume with but KX's mixer and another alternative method using tcl.

I know of the topics discussed on this because I participated in them .. lol ...

I'm not going to go into what my uses of the drivers are, that would be too extensive for the moment. But I will say, that at the time before this release the BSODs wouldn't allow my system to stay up and operational for as it is with the K version.

10. lao-koon

lao-koon New Member

thanks!

thank you very much for this great driver. with the privious driver i had from time to time this annoying sound bug. with 3538j the bug came not often, but now with 3538k it seems that it has totally been fixed - great :) !

running kx 3538k on following systems:
    1.) amd x2 3800+, dfi nf-4 ultra-d, audigy 2zs
    2.) amd x2 3800+, asrock dual-sataII, audigy player
    3.) amd athlon xp (barton) 3000+, gigabyte ga-7nnxp (nf-2 u400), sb live! 5.1

excuse for my english, i'm from germany...

11. Vadim_K

Vadim_K New Member

What sound bug ? It will be better if you concretize it.
    Sorry :p

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

ASIO performane is definitely better for me with 3538k :)

13. Vadim_K

Vadim_K New Member

There were no BSODs since K version install;) And what about other users who had it with previous versions ? Nobody writes anymore:bleh:

14. soongsc

soongsc New Member

So it seems the Audigy 2 ZS notebook analog input is still not usable?

15. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

yep, as mentioned in the first post

16. pb05

pb05 New Member

Hi all,
    thanks again Eugene for all, and especially for the special modification related to the SB0610 soundcard in 3538k

I can now use kx drivers with my SB0610 Audigy 4 card, with the digital output. There is still a problem: if I check the checkbox "digital output only", this control disappears from the interface :eek: even if digital out is correctly activated. If I leave Windows and restart, the digital out is no more activated, and the checkbox reappears (my setting is not saved).

Have a nice day from France!

17. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

pb05: pls reproduce the issue with 3538l. let me know, if it is still there
    E.

18. svdj

svdj New Member

Hi, first posting on this forum and a big pat on the back to all that have worked on 3538k release....... It works like a dream with the Audigy 2 zs notebook (all other versions i tried failed to install) Could i suggest they put this version on the KX site so its easier to find.
    I've been using KX drivers for a number of years with a Audigy 2 ZS card in a desk top running PCDJ, This crashed the other day so although fixed i thought its time to take a laptop out with me as a backup. PCDJ FX on a Laptop with creative 2 zs notebook....FAB