kX ASIO with FL Studio 5.0

Discussion in 'ASIO' started by suntribe, Jul 22, 2005.

1. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hi to all, first of all, greetz to Eugene and all other that work on this project.. guys, keep up the great work!

I have been using kx drivers for quite a long time, and now, few days ago i installed the version 3538 ( i think te latest built release ), anyways, i'm experiencing some problems with ASIO in FL studio.. when i open the FL studio, it freezes for few seconds and then it's woring fine... the same thing happens when exiting fl studio.. the same thing happens when i change routings in fl studio mixer.. for example, when i try to route mixer channel 'xx' to 'yy' fl freezes and my mouse pointer moves very slowly, just like it has only few frames per second :))

does any1 knows what's the problem?

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I do not know anything about FL Studio, but one thing you might want to try, is to disable any unused ASIO inputs (if FL Studio allows you to select more than one pair of ASIO inputs).

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I think it has something to do with the sample rates - fruity wants 44.1Khz - KX likes 48Khz better. Fruity warnes you of possible problems when setting fruity to work in 48Khz.

4. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Russ:

unfortunately, i don't think that it is possible to do that in fruity, maybe only through the kx router or smth, but directly in fl, no...

Maddogg6:

i know of this.. but in earlier version of kx i didn't noticed this issue.. i'll try to uninstall this version and roll-back the previous (3537) version and try if it works.. i've been using kx for a quite a long period but never played with kx router, or automation ... don't know how to use them, no matter that i read the manuals quite a few times :D

5. BpM

BpM New Member

Hi,
    maybe your latency is to small. try to use higher values. (asio settings window)
    greetz BpM

6. BODYPRINT

BODYPRINT New Member

I use FLStudio all the time with 3538.
    I have had no problems. You can set your sample rate in the audio settings. For kX it must be set to 48,000. But I'm sure you have donne this because FL complains if it can't set the correct rate.

I would check your latency as BpM said and also the sync method now availble in the ASIO control panel.

As for the Sync method that is best for you, you need to try each one for yourself, but on my p4 3.2GHz I find m1 to be stable and fast.

Good Luck.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

As always, do not forget to do normal basic software troubleshooting.
    i.e. Kiill any and all un-needed background tasks, particulairly things like Anti-Virus software. Run a good spyware scanner/remover like AdAware. Clean out your temp folders, and defrag your hard drive, etc.

8. suntribe

suntribe New Member

ok, here's what i have done... i rolled back previous version (3537) and it works fine, no problems at all..

latency 10ms
    samplerate 48000

with 3538 i simply couldn't get to work normaly (without the 2-4 seconds delay) with any latency.. this delay is present when i start fl, when i exit fl, even when the samples are loaded, and when i try to route a channel to another channel... so, for now, i'll stick to 3537 :oops: ...

anyways the soundcard i'm using is SB Audigy 1 ... code: SB0092 10k2 .....

tnx to all of u that tried to help, and sorry if i made mistakes in my eng. writing ;)

9. Loupitour

Loupitour New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem : I use FL 5 with Kx ASIO Driver and I have freezes while loading and exitting the software but I have no problem when I open sound or do anything in FL.
    It doesn't depend on what latency or sample rate is selected , I tried many of them and there'as always the same 3 or 4 seconds lag.
    I tried to use ASIO4all and it seems to be correct but I don't know if this driver can have the same performance than the Kx driver...
    By the way i'm using an SB Live 5.1 (SB022x 10k1) with the 3538h drivers and I never had this problem before but it isn't very annoying since I have no bad delays while doing live stuffs under FL =).

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Bodyprint briefly mentioned the sync methods. This is something that I believe is new to 3538. Did you guys try the different sync methods (in the KX ASIO Control Panel)?

I downloaded the FL demo, and tried the different sync methods and some of them had huge dealys (made the program virtually unusable on my old system).

i.e.
    Sync Method:
    m0: No delay
    m1: Huge delay
    m2: No delay
    m3: No delay
    m4: Huge delay
    m5: Huge delay

I would definitely try the various sync methods, and see if any them work better for you (and to find out which one you should use).

11. suntribe

suntribe New Member

ok, i installed again 3538h :)

i really cant find those sync methods youre talk8ing about :)

here's what i can find in the kx asio control panel...

Device: SB0092 10k2 (9000)
    Latency: 10.67 (512 samples)
    Format: 16 bit / 48 [2+2] -> is this it? if yes then i tried all of them and no better results found on my system ;)

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No that is not it. It should be right below that. Did you install 3538c, then the 3538g update, and then 3538h (per the instructions)?

Here is a screenshot:
    http://tinypic.com/9gxyz7.gif

13. suntribe

suntribe New Member

now i have and it works :) tnx for ur help russ :)

anyways.. m0 works fine and i didn't test other settings at all.. no need for that :)

14. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Glad I could help, and thanks to BODYPRINT for bringing up the sync methods.