KX Driver and Gaming/DVD/MP3

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by kimi40, Aug 22, 2003.

1. kimi40

kimi40 New Member

Currently owned sblive!value ct4830. Comes with digital output.

Just wondering, should i change to KX Driver ? Does the directsound3d runs in hardware or software emulated ? I heard that the music plays better on Kx Driver ? I used the Creative Inspire4.1 speaker.

Currently use my PC to play games alot. Sometimes watch DVD, and sometimes mp3.

What do you guys think ? SHould i change my driver to KX Driver ?

2. kimi40

kimi40 New Member

Tried it..

Seems that EAX didn`t work yet

My sblive!value support 64 voices with kx (all 3dmark2003 sound test runs fine)
    Seems to plays sound at 100hz to 199xxxhz compare to creative 4000hz to 199xxxhz(use winamp to see it)
    Using openal wrapper from openal.org to play sound in jediknight. And alot of sound is missing. I think cause kx still not ready for eax yet. Mafia runs poorly with software mixing. Diablo2 eax sounds also still missing.

Overall i think you guys did a good job. If you guys can enable the eax in the drivers, I`ll sure try it.

Sounds great with mp3 music. But i notice that the rear and front speaker is swap. Disable the swapping thing and everything goes well.

Some of the directx music test didn`t work. The directx music test not the sound test. I suppose to heard music when playing the test.(i know, i`m not talking the thing if there is any music device connect to the pc thing but the test where you should heard some music).

forgot to said that my card is ct4830 but the kx detect it as ct4832. But everything is okay.