KX Driver V. ASIO4All

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red GTi VR6, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Red GTi VR6

Red GTi VR6 New Member

I'm wondering if someone can compare these two. Or if it's already been done, perhaps point me in the right direction, as a search didn't yield anything.

I'm currently running the ASIO4All plugin in WinAmp in my CarPC to enable Bit Perfect playback for my Sound Quality system in my car. There is a significant difference in the stage depth and clarity with the ASIO4All plugin enabled.

I'm wondering what benefit I would notice by running the KX Driver as the driver for my Audigy ZS 2 PCMCIA sound card (optic out). I currently have bit accurate playback enabled on this card in the preferences.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

2. P3rv3rt B3ar

P3rv3rt B3ar New Member

Haha, no red im not following u around, quite opposite u seem be there where-ever i choose to wag my tail ;)

On subject though, im sure u already read and know about it more than me, but that particular card atleast use to have some issues or shortcomings with kX drivers... dont know if theyre all corrected or implemented in newest build though.

IMO biggest particular advantage of using kX is its DSP, which u can compeletely tailor to fit your purpose. In HTPC-front many guys are using kX to provide zoning, using 2 or more winamp simultaneously each connected to one stereopair trough kX. That could be usable in car too...

3. Red GTi VR6

Red GTi VR6 New Member

;)

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

No real need for the DSP in software mode at this point. I like the Alpine 701 that i'm using so that's not really a benefit in my particular situation, though I can deffinately see it being useful for many.

4. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

I'm not sure you can really compare the two since the author of ASIO4All recommends KX on it's site for those who have kx compatible cards.

5. P3rv3rt B3ar

P3rv3rt B3ar New Member

Yeah the point of my post was more like to say hi. :)

Im new here too... lets wait some local gurus to find this thread and provide u real input :)