KX drivers installation went wrong what to do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michaelm, Mar 21, 2005.

1. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

michaelm:

I must have overlooked that you are able to install the kX drivers without windows trying to automatically install the Creative drivers again. No, you dont have to reformat your HDD since the Creative drivers are not installing automatically, now.

It's a good idea to do as TravelRec suggests. I'm sure we can help get you up and running with the kX drivers. Post complete system specs and try 3537 1st?

2. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Thank you guys, very much. I'll will get to you those ifno asap. Yes, I'm sure that we can have these drivers to work.....

BTW, I'll post my specs on this thread and won't open a new one.

Michael, Italy

3. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Ok guys, here's my system specs. I hope not to forget some important info. In case you'll let me know:

mobo: Abit SA6
    front side bus INTEL GTL+ 64 bit
    clock at 133 mhz
    CPU: INTEL Pentium III 866 mhz
    cache L2 256 kb
    ram: 383 mb total sdram pc133
    Audio board: SB live (Creative EMU10k1 SB Live! Audio Processor)
    DirectX: 8.1

I guess it is all. If you need something else, you'll let me know.

Anxiously awaiting for your new help...

Michael, Italy

4. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Not waiting - testing! Have you tried the 3537 version to install? Your system should work fine. Only a little issue is the old OS which will cause some problems with ASIO response and some sync problems when running Audio and MIDI together, but with a bit more latency it should work fine. I would suggest: uninstall all current audio drivers. Then download the 3537 full version and install it. Note everything your computer says to you during installation. If the message appears "...error initialize bla subsystem" reboot the system. Next time a message of "...names dynamically changed" will appear, then reeboot. During installation you need the windows CD to actualize some system files. You will be prompted if necessary. Make a step by step protocol and then post it here. It must work, no other way...

5. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Travelrec, I jus got in my office and now I'm ready for this testing. I'm sorry I didn't mention it before but all my testing up to now were done right with 3537 version. And yes I had the same initialization error but the thing is that it happens all the time I reboot. So at the end it never stops to appear no matter if I reboot 10-20 times. About the win98 cd it is requested only when installing the joystick and game port drivers but I found them in the system32 folder without the need to insert the os cd.
    If by the word protocol you mean to describe my step to step installation attempt, I'll try another time in a few minutes and will get back to you with details even if I think that I'll follow the same path I did so far and nothing will change........

Do you think I should try the 3538?

Michael

6. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Travelrec, I did some new attempts but now it going worst than possible:
    I tried to remove every device from the device manager that regards audio video game device. I let the pc detect a new pci device and it found kx audio sb 0222 asking me for the drivers. I let it search in the 3537 installation folder and everything seemd to go ok. He asked me for a reboot and I thought that it could be it!
    Instead, now I cannot even reboot because the pc hangs when the desktop shows. That is it hangs even without showing any icons. Tried to see what's on pressing ctrl-alt-canc and all I could see was explorer, rundll32 and mmtask.

Now I'm desperate because everytime I boot in safe mode and remove the audio device it automatically finds the kx thing, complete the installation by himself and when I reboot I have the same hang at the same point......

This is incredible.....!!!!

Michael, Italy

7. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Travelrec, here's the last news.
    I run Boost XP to get rid of the invalid registry entries (dll, etc.). After that I tried again to remove every device from the device manager and let the pc detect the audio device. Now the pc detects the kx device by itself and completes makes the installation. If I open the device manager, under the audio, video, etc. device I can see kx audio sb 0222 and kx game port. The thing is that as usual when booting the same error comes and ask to reinstall the drivers again which I do but always when rebooting I have the same error asking me the same thing: initialization error - pèlease reinstall the kx drivers.
    At least now the reboot goes till the end and I have no hangs. Any other way out of this

btw: everytime I try to play some wave file the pc tells me there is no audio device present in the pc and ask me to install one....hope it helps

Michael, Italy

8. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

check the windows sounds control panel, what appears in the list of devices?

9. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Chris, good to read from you again. If by windows sounds you mean control panel, settings, multimedia then I have no device. If I go to control panel, settings, system, device manager, audio video and game I see kx for both audio and game port and if clicking on properties the pc says everything works ok.

Hope it helps

Michael

10. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

This all sounds pretty strange, do you have some upload space for screenshots? I´m afraid you have to make a fresh HD install, ´cause I start to think there´s something wrong with your system... What´s about MoBo-sound device? Deactivated in BIOS?! What is about IRQ´s and ressources, have you other PCI-devices installed (controllers, video capturers and so on)?!

11. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Travelrec, hello again. I tried to post some images but there is a limit in size of it. Mine are about 15-20 k and they are too big according to forum engine.
    As for mobo, yes I deactivated the onboard audio from BIOS As for IRQ and resources I'll go in a few minutes to look for them and eventually make a pic of it. The only thing is that I cannot upload a single pic. Is there another way for me to let you see these pictures?

Michael

12. BODYPRINT

BODYPRINT New Member

The best way to show piccies is to host them in your own webspace, then link to them in the forum.
    I don't know what the deal is with the picture attachments in here?

13. michaelm

michaelm New Member

Thanks Bodyprint for your aswer. I don't have a webspace and I think I this forum let's you post pics not larger than 1kb which is nothing. I understand that this prevents the space to be filled but I cannot get pics smaller than 15 kb. Is there a way I can use these drivers?????

Michael, Italy

14. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Well, sorry youre not up and running with kX yet. You shouldnt be having problems installing kX successfully. Depending on how important using kX is to you, and if you can stand it, re install windows, but this will be at your own risk. Just seems irritating to me that kX doesnt install and work as a simple process.

It's your call of course, but I hate it when my system doesnt work like I know it should, and I have no problem re-installing Windows, til I get things working like I want them to. But, that's just the way I am.:)

15. oYx

oYx New Member

i'm a long-time kx user.

just a few hours ago, i changed my motherboard and i've been faced with the same annoying "error initializing your audio card" msg despite all the removal, safe mode, manual, etc tricks. even now, i don't understand why it appears well in device manager but it doesn't exist otherwise.

btw, i'm running xp.