kX MixMatrix 16x9 v1.0

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by JGSF, Jun 14, 2008.

1. JGSF

JGSF New Member

This is a remake of a plugin I did sometime ago (I named it mixzilla at the time), unfortunaly I lost the code when I reformated the disk. Now that kX supports e-dsp cards, I needed another plugin like that.

Special thanks to Russ for all the help. ;)

It's a 16x9 mono mixer. 16 ins, 9 submixes:

screenshot:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/rlm7w9.jpg

I made this for my band's rehearsals, so each one of us could use headphones and do it's own submix, if it's of any use to you guys:

compiled for v3542/v3543:
    link1 (v1.0.1): RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    link2 (v1.0.1): kX MixMatrix 16x9 v1.0.1 for v3542.zip

compiled for v3534, no skin, no peak meters (untested):
    link1 (v1.0.1): http://rapidshare.com/files/122635178/kX_MixMatrix_16x9_v1.0.1_for_v3534f.zip.html
    link2(v1.0.1): http://www.mediafire.com/?mnecz4mxicx

16x9 v1.0.1 changelog:
    - channel 3 to <out> was missing from the automation parameters
    - removed registers used for peak calculation from the 3534 version
    (if you want it for any other version just let me know)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

Well, if you don't have enough to do, a 3534f version would be great to keep my old computer running Win98SE happy!
    Thanks for the plugin.

3. JGSF

JGSF New Member

I would if I knew how... :( I'm getting this error when I try to compile it with 3534's sdk:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'interface/kxcfg.h': No such file or directory

Any idea?

4. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Ok, try the version I've put in the first post and let me know if it works, please. ;)

No skin, no peak meters, but it should do the job. Also, I don't know if automation will work well, since 3534's sdk doesn't have KX_FXPARAM_SELECTION, so I replaced it with KX_FXPARAM_USER.

5. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

J1982,

Zowie, you're fast. Thanks a million. The 3534f version appears to work. I will have some more time to fool with it tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    Doug

6. JGSF

JGSF New Member

You're welcome. It was easier than I thought, I just did some copy/paste into 3534's demo. btw, I've uploaded a new version. :)

7. MiTkO

MiTkO New Member

Re: kX MixMatrix v1.0.1

As far as I can see, the latest version is kX MixMatrix v1.0.1
    Does it work with the 3551, where DLL files should be copied? Help please
    is there any procedure for installation or simply not compatible between...
    I need something like this but with 24 inputs instead of 16 + 12 outputs!
    In any case I would like MixMatrix to work with the latest drivers anyway.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Hello.

I am sorry, but I made this plugin a long time ago, I don't know if it will work with the latest version, I still use and older version of KX.

I'll need to find the source code in my archives, and check if it will work in the latest version.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but please PM about this again in a few days, OK?

9. MiTkO

MiTkO New Member

hello JGSF, is there any chance your project to be awakened from the dead?
    I hope you find the source code from the archives, Search for kX MixMatrix :)
    Please do not give up, new cards are nothing better than a good old Creative.
    I am specifically interested in your project because this is what I need, almost

Аllow me to explain
    I have a Sound Blaster Audigy (SB0090) and a major headache with I/O's
    Wanted to use the Audigy1 card as main Audio Matrix Router, Switcher but
    no matter what I do with Mixy (6)8x2, resources are fast spent, no free memory.
    Audigy1 has 6 (5.1ch) analog outputs and 8 digital through AUD_EXT connector.
    is not mandatory that you have to tie together analogue and digital outputs ...
    I do not like a lot of mathematics but will gladly collect total 7 stereo outputs.

For users with newer cards, 8 stereo or 16 mono outputs! Impressive indeed.
    Built in DAC converter can be used for headphones, active monitors or similar,
    digital S/PDIF outputs to external DAC's. Nothing more to add for home studio!

Let not forget inputs, also in a respectable number 14 or 16 if I'm not mistaken?!
    AC97;AC97 2;CD Digital;SPDIF (pin 6);SPDIF (pin 15);I2S ZVideo;I2S Line2;I2S OUX2
    Built in ADC's plan to use only for internal connection like Talkback or similar.
    My goal is: 2 x S/PDIF + 1 CD Digital + 2 x I2S = 5 stereo or 10 mono inputs.

What we do with FXBus PC outputs, another 16 also important as listed previously.
    As you can see, I have a lack of connections, something has to bypass if you want
    to work with all those inputs and outputs that offer only 1 Creative Audigy card.
    Finally I got the question, Is it possible to make kX MixMatrix 16x16, 24x16 or 32x16
    Double the number of I/O from previous... it covers everything offered by Audigy !!!

The last few days I'm playing with SAC (Software Audio Console), used Kx ASIO with
    16 I/O and first I had to Delete is xrouthing due to the problem with loop signals.
    everything else works fine and stable with digital signals and Audigy behaves like a
    soundcard from 300$. Really no need to change other than just improving kX drivers.
    SAC looks good but its potential can not be used with only 1 ASIO, 16 I/O and is 500$
    kX MixMatrix there will fit very well, to send a signal where we want and how we want
    and not just on or off signals with other plugins (with the exception of Mixy 8x2)

RME Totalmix is exactly what I need but do not plan to buy new hardware now, Totalmix
    only works with their devices. Big mistake, hope RME will change this in the future.

Latest version at the moment when am writing is kX MixMatrix v1.0.1 with 16 in/9 out.
    special plea JGSF to spend some valuable time and create an expanded and renewed version
    of the beautiful kX MixMatrix, for example v2 with monster matrix 32x16 (32 in, 16 out)

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Hi, MitTko.

There is, if I can find the source code. :tears: I am currently on a deadline until the end of the month, but I'll do a search in the weekend to see if I can find it.