KXproject Dead Or Alive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reliq, Mar 3, 2006.

1. reliq

reliq New Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if KX is still a "running" project or wheter it has reached its end.

The best,
    reliq

2. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

Eugene keeps sending new updates when he has time. Other users are contributing translations, plug-ins, general assistance, forum help, etc.. To me it the project appears healthy. I would imagine it will continue for some time even after Eugene gets tired of the whole thing.

In computer years, the kX party has been going on for decades and will eventually come to an end and evolve into something else I imagine.

3. reliq

reliq New Member

Nice to hear that Doug!
    I'll se if I can contribute some skins in the future.

Reliq

4. Psuperhuman

Psuperhuman New Member

I totally appreciate these guys' work, and see lots of signs pointing to continued improvement on the venerable SB cards. I've been using the KX stuff for a long time and it's been a godsend when I was just using my SB for music. They may haven't had an "official" release in awhile, but I keep seeing more and more improvements and added user areas like the presets/skins/etc.

Thing is, the only real issue with SB cards for the musician is the converters (which aren't that bad in all honesty). And the kx project make the SB's perfect for everything else - since conversion isn't needed when you are recording with the likes of Gigastudio, VST instruments, Reason, etc.

Which brings me to the thought that it's far from dead, just close to being maxed out - they've made so many additions and improvements that now it's mainly cleanup and optimize time, involve users more and keep the audigy alive for musicians who have them.

Long live KX!

Psuper!

5. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

It's not dead. An updated version of the drivers was posted on month ago.

Also, there are still a few plugins writers (including myself) who write new plugins for the DSP.

BTW, even if you don't know how to program plugins you can still submit plugins ideas in the "Effects and the DSP" part of the kX forum. Often, one or two kX plugins programmers will pickup the idea and release a plugin for all the kX users.

I've done a few plugins like that where the idea came from someone else. These are now included in the latest kX release which is 3538j.