" kXSFi" HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'SoundFonts and MIDI' started by Emu10000X, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

I'm about ready to pull my hair out over this. :mad::duh::confused:

I have the 3541 drivers installed and the KXSFI opens fine, but it is not the most current one, and I have ran out of options for bank management. I have tried to use the 3538 version but it keeps giveing me this:

---------------------------
    FL Studio
    Access violation at address 77C47B19 in module 'msvcrt.dll'. Write of address 000000A4.
    OK

As you can see, I am using FLStudio, and yes I know it was made for cubase, but im desperate for answers. All other bank management software is useless. Please someone help:tears:

System:

SB live 5.1 (0102)
    Audigy (0230/0231) w/1394
    Core Duo processor
    2 GB Ram
    FLStudio 8.0
    KX 3541 Drivers
    KXSFI.dll 3538
    msvcrt.dll 7.0.2600.5512

Has anyone been successful with this scenario?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Lex Nahumury

Lex Nahumury DH Senior Member

It was 2005 I last updated KXSFi. Go figure:)
    (i don't know if I even have the source code somewhere ...lol)
    I haven't had any request to update it since hardly anyone uses hardware accelerated soundfonts these days, let alone kxsfi.

Doesn't FLstudio have a build-in hw soundfont manager like cubase, sonar etc?

3. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

Unfortunately no, but i do have a question before i disable my SBLive card in favor of my new Audigy. The difference between the 3538 and the 3541 kxsfi is just the ability to to us the different synths and cards right?

synth1 and synth2 card 1, or synth1 and synth2. card 2

,,,never mind i think i got it.

I will simply use 3541 kxsfi as a module in the FLStudio Mixer, assign it a midi in port, then i can send midi info to it by channel 1-16 and select the presets from the channels and load banks from KXsfi. Does that about sum it up.

Do i also need to assign a midi out to the card as well?

Imho, vsts sound nothing like the stuff that goes on in these chips...but hey thats just my opinion, 15 years of hearing something missing will do that to ya

cheers

p.s. it would have been nice to use both cards, but if It wont happen, its okay.

4. Emu10000X

Emu10000X New Member

a request if I may...

if you ever do, no matter how long it takes, find the source code for KXsfi, is it possible to add drag and drop capabilities as to bypass the loading screen, take ya time, Its a very capable and worthy component as is.

cheers