Laptops driver keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by JoeNukem61201, May 5, 2009.

1. JoeNukem61201

JoeNukem61201 Member

Hi guys I have a question. I had my hp dv6000 laptop for 2 years now and all of a sudden I have been seeing some artafacts displaying on the screen and then go away. Sometimes the Nvidia driver will just crash and recover out of the blue.
    I dont get what is going on. Im using a Antec cooler on it, and montoring my tempetures. My gpu hits 48c when its idle and 54c when its playing a game. Its always been that hot even with good venilation.

My laptop specs

Intel Core 2 CPU T5600
    2046 ram
    32 bit operating system.

I downloaded the new drivers and it still does it. I also downloaded older ones to test it out and it still does it. I tried hooking it up to another monitor to see if my lcd is going bad and it did the same thing. I tried asking my friends that are really good with computers and they cant fiqure it out.
    Today in class the driver failed twice in 2 hrs. I saw some artifacts on the screen and the screen went black and I had to hit keys to bring it back.

I hope my laptop isent kicking the bucket cause this thing was not cheap :mad:

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Is that 7400 the model of your graphics card?

temp arou 50C is normal for a laptop.

What is the exact message that you get when it crashes?

3. JoeNukem61201

JoeNukem61201 Member

Yup that is the model number. When the driver crashs the bubble pops up on the bottom right corner saying "The Nvidia driver has crashed and was saftly recovered.)

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I never had a mobile nvidia solution so I can't give any specific advice. You might want to boot in safe mode, remove graphics driver there, and reboot.