Last Known Good Configuration

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by talkshowhost, Aug 28, 2005.

1. talkshowhost

talkshowhost New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

i think my computer is running fine now you'll be glad to hear. Have installed all previous programs ive had on without site of a single BSOD although i still live in fear every time i restart my computer! Ran a couple of benchmarks to put the computer under some strain and it seems to be ok. im so happy!

Guess i'll never quite find out what the problem was but im thinking it was probably the latest omega driver or latest KX audio driver. I find it hard to believe that either was the case as i have been using these drivers for ages without any problems but suppose i could well have been. I will definitely be taking an image of my drive evertime i install something major now.

Once again thank you for the all the help you have all given me (especially PangingJr) i really do appreciate it. If i do see that BSOD again (apart from in my nightmares :eek:) then i will be sure to post here again. Fingers crossed and touch wood that doesn't happen.

Thanks again.
    talkshowhost [​IMG]

2. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

Glad it all got sorted out now and you're welcome.
    also, please let us know if this happens again.

3. talkshowhost

talkshowhost New Member

:mad::mad::mad:

hmm sorry for dragging this topic back up but it seems this problem has reared it's ugly head again!

computer has been running fine for a few weeks now and then when i tried to install alcochol 120% demo the BSOD came back...aghh! figured i could easily live without this program and restored my c: drive back to how it was using norton ghost. it has also done it when i tried to install drivers for an xbox controller but again thought i could live without this

BUt today i just got black & white 2 and then after restarting my computer once i'd installed it i got this BSOD. now this is something im not prepared to live without and i really want to get to the bottom of this. If it's a hardware problem then im just going to buy a replacemetn to fix this problem once and for all. Thanks in advance for heping me with this.

4. PangingJr

PangingJr Member