Latest Forte drivers don't support my sound card under Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by Franpa, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Franpa

Franpa New Member

Latest Forte drivers don't support my sound card under Windows 7 x64 (& XP x86)

Works: PAX_AZT_FORTE 2012 V1.35 Default Tweak
    Doesn't Work: PAX X-Fi Forte 7.1 2013 V1.00 Tweak Default Edition

Please add support for my sound card to these drivers! :) PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00495431&REV_03

I have noticed that wdma_emu.inf only lists entries for Windows XP and Vista, no mention of Windows 7. Older drivers mention Windows 7 in the same file.

The drivers do install without displaying an error, but there is no Speaker for Auzentech X-Fi Forte!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Franpa

Franpa New Member

Problem resolved. You'll want to update the drivers INF file with the changes I made if you want it to work under Windows 7 and presumably Windows 8.

Copy/paste and replace all content of wdma_enu.inf [use notepad]) http://pastebin.com/cak49Xaf
    Or download and replace your copy of wdma_enu.inf) http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxeulizzgdd7h5q/wdma_emu.inf

wdma_enu.inf is located here: "E:\PAX X-Fi Forte 7.1 2013 V1.00 Tweak Default Edition\Audio\Drivers\wdm"

To clarify: My changes intend to add support for Windows 7. I didn't do any other changes or undo anything that Robert McClelland has done.

3. Franpa

Franpa New Member

The drivers had the same issue under Windows XP (No "Speakers") and I can't be bothered to properly fix the driver file for the O/S as I'm kinda lazy. I will however explain how to get sound with functional software, though.

Note: The below steps are for Windows XP users and will allow you to have sound and also software that isn't crash prone. Step 1 refers to the drivers you download from the Auzentech website, Step 2 refers to the latest drivers you downloaded from this Youpax website.

1) To only install the drivers, you'll want to run the installer located at "x:\Auzentech Forte Sound Card\Audio\Drivers" and tick the box to overwrite existing driver files.

Note) You do not want to run the installer located at "x:\Auzentech Forte Sound Card\Audio\Setup"

2) You do want to run the installer located at "E:\PAX X-Fi Forte 7.1 2013 V1.00 Tweak Default Edition\Audio\Setup" and install everything except the drivers.

4. mohal

mohal Member

Re : Latest Forte drivers don't support my sound card under Windows 7 x64

It's weird because I also have this sound card (same PCI\VEN_...) and drivers (1.35 or new 2013 1.0) work perfectly under Win7 64 bits for me.
    Maybe it's a registry problem, sometimes uninstalling the old drivers there are still some keys in the registry and I can no longer install the new drivers before they have cleared...

5. Franpa

Franpa New Member

Re: Re : Latest Forte drivers don't support my sound card under Windows 7 x64

I've tested them on fresh installs of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x64 and Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3.