latest XP sp2 works fine anyone having trouble?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Falstaff, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I have not experience any problems with the lastest interation of SP2 for XP, has anyone got any suggestions for improving the function of the product to make it even better, or know of any potentiol problems?

2. JLP

JLP New Member

Well some of the beta testers have a problem with mouse cursor starting to move by itself even if the mouse is nor moved. Other than that it appears to be just fine. Well and the tooltips for tray appearing behind taskbar is still here.

3. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Well I didn't like it... Some stuff didn't work right and I just wanted to wait until the official SP2 was out.

Anyways, I reverted back and now my eMule is fux0red up and now I need to reformat :annoyed:

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

It's fine......

I ran 1213,1240, ???,RC1,2126,2138 :( ,2142

2149 Has been pretty stable and not problematic except the security features are too strong!

for example...
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47792

The blocking programs feature, to block programs from another pc from making changes, or updating files, even though the installer runs and succeeds! Which is a bad thing considering if it's an update from Microsoft! Of course it came from another computer! All files do when you think about it! It's rather annoying and could cause severe problems from novice and expert users alike.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

aside from my issues of trying to slipstream it.... i haven't been able to install it yet.... :(

6. Murdock

Murdock New Member

Till now i have no problems with the Slipstreamed RC2 version,better security in ie6 since the previous service pack, and better stability on my harddrive since the Sata support is improved in this build, windows starting somewhat faster and the response by clicking an aplication reacts faster, but i don't trust the build in firewall, i still prefer Zone Alarm pro.
    I'm looking forward to the Sp2 final, it will bring winXP to WinXp Second edition.
    I'm patiently waiting, i have no plans to install new builds till the final.

7. NemesisUK

NemesisUK New Member

The only problem Ive had with SP2 is that is breaks the Pinnacle TV softeware that I use.
    I get a BSOD "Bad Pool Caller" if I try to watch any recordings Ive done through it.
    Apart from that problem I quite like sp2.

8. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Just waiting for official.

There's some slipstreaming walkthroughs/guides out there. I've bookmarked one. :) I installed it in VMWare just to see if it works, and it works alright for me. But I'm waiting for official. No need to install beta stuff even if it's RC.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

No_Style... no worries on the slipstream guides... i think my lack of PSU juice has toasted my very unique CD-RW as at first i thought having SP2 RC1 was the cause for my problems trying to burn cd's.... RC2 however doesn't appear to have fixed the issue and i understand that people arn't having any problems..... I really don't want to lose my Yamaha CD-RW F1 (damn DiscT@oo is sweet)

10. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I've been playing with RC2 with VMWare... I've got the slipstreamed ISO down to 135MB. :)