Leaving from ATI...

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by blix9, Jun 26, 2002.

1. blix9

blix9 New Member

I am RMAing ATI R8500 128MB(Retail) and getting Leadtek Ti 4400 128MB.
    Have I done sometihng stupid? I am just little nervous. I was ATI loyalist for a long time but some little problems just woudn't go away. I tried to deal with them but couldn't get reasonable help. I just could not find a way to get around flashing and teaking BIOS of the R8500.
    Anyone has this Leadtek card?
    I heard that I should ignore the softwares and driver that come with the package. I never used nVidia card before. Where can a guy like me get a decent driver and utilities (u guys call it Detonator, right?) for this card?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mark_Fox

Mark_Fox RIP

Yes, you've done a good thing - nvidia rulez - muhahahahaha :lol:

Seriously though - you should like your need card - latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com are pretty decent - or you can try 29.80 whql - you can grab them from Warp2Search

For tweaking utilities - there's only 1 best one out there - RivaTuner - you can find it here.

If you have any other questions or problems with your new card ( but hopefully not :) ) - then just ask here.

Glad to hear you left the darkside :D :lol:

3. hjs

hjs New Member

If were a radeon you should know Omega drivers, well he is now also working on nVidia drivers so get those, just download them from the other thread.

You don't know about Omega drivers?
    a little while ago there was a nice interview at http://www.rage3d.com check it out.

4. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

welcome to the dark side :)

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Re:

yes that was the interview I did for Rage3d, a nice insight into the lives of Cyborg and Omega

6. Mark_Fox

Mark_Fox RIP

Re:

:lol: I thought ATi were the dark side - oh well :uhoh: :p

7. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Re:

No, no, no! nVidia is the dark side, ATI is the great satan of the video card market...try and keep it straight. ;)

BTW-I totally agree with everything Mark said about tweakers and drivers, RivaTuner really is the only way to go for tweakers and usually the best drivers are whatever the latest ones are with nVidia. (They're sort of boring like that, but it's nice in it's own way too....but you do get to missing that fun ATI surprise factor with their drivers... :) )