Left 4 Dead Afterthoughts

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jan 16, 2009.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

It's a bit surprising that such an obvious concept -- the zombie apocalypse first-person shooter -- never really came to gaming fruition until Valve's Left 4 Dead. And since most Left 4 Dead sessions result in stories and anecdotes, we asked Valve for their own tale behind Left 4 Dead's development. We chatted with project lead Michael Booth about why "four is fab," what Louis once looked like, and why rabies is a better plot device than the undead.

2. Poppi

Poppi DH Admirer

Here's a thought. How do you justify spending $50 on a game that is basically headcrabless people x1000 in a game at x50 speed? Not trying to be the devil here, but from the videos, I just don't see what the big deal is. Oh, I did download the demo., which I had 72 hours to try, but had to go out of town, so couldn't. I guess Valve knew anymore time then that would have give someone thier fill of mindless shooting.:rolleyes:

3. VampyrByte

VampyrByte New Member

Playing it on your own is a little naff. However, get 3 mates, put it on expert and your in for some real, geniunly scary fun. Versus is good fun, but only if you have a full server, the AI players are idiots when you play with them, and pros when your against them so its just damn annoying. The game is alot of fun, requires teamwork and tactics unlike most FPS games.

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I think the game pumps the adrenaline ... Love it :cool: