Lexmark to quit inkjet printer business

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Aug 28, 2012.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Read Full Story Here.

Lexmark is to stop making inkjet printers and inks, and plans to sell off related patents, in order to boost profits.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

oh thank gaud

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Great move, if nothing else it should help greatly improving the profits of Lexmark. After all, when one thinks of buying image editing and related software or a quality laser printer, one names come in mind, Lexmark.

Great move Lexmark.

4. Judas

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

Thank fucking good,

Lexmark printers are some of the WORST. The only reason they stay afloat is that they get given away for free at Best Buy deals. The old ones have by far the worst ink prices.

6. loydie

loydie New Member

I think it is not only with Lexmark.. Even Canon is having a decline with their sales and all.. We have a shrinking inkjet market here. Or some are simply losing market share to the competition just like Lexmark. personally, i just have walgreens to print my photos for me.. and i do have a lexmark laser printer at home. I use it for printing random documents but ink cartridges for printers lexmark is just so expensive in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. Judas

ink in general is rediculiously expensive..

if people paid as much for oil... you have any idea how much it'd cost to fill up your fuel tank..... people would be more than irrate.... i think it'd likely spur the torches and pitchforks..

bad enough people complain about fuel prices when they are at the same time, buying bottled water at the cost of MORE than what is it for fuel.....

anywho.... HP ink is still the most expensive per oz. ... And frankly considering how more and more people are using wireless devices and specially "pads".. resulting in less and less need for printed documents..... so the real need for printer is for the occasion when it's needed.... and laser printers don't dry up...