LG V20 signal issues

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by TheGenii, Jan 22, 2018.

1. TheGenii

TheGenii Selfmade

Hi guys,

Just purchased a brand new AT&T unlocked LG V20 phone. It was network unlocked by the previous owner and that's the only time they used the phone before selling it. I am an AT&T user so I figured the phone would still work fine for me.

Upon getting the phone, signal in my house has become extremely spotty. With my old Galaxy S6 I always had at least two bars of signal and always had 4G LTE.

Sometimes it will be connected to the AT&T network and sometimes you won't see the AT&T letters listed at the top left of the phone, but youll have 2 bars of signal. When this happens and I try to check my e-mail or use data, I get a message saying Network Unavailable. The phone often seems to change towers and sometimes will display the AT&T letters at the top left of the screen and sometimes won't. When it doesn't it says Network Unknown. I am using my old sim card from my Galaxy S6. It's a two year old sim card. I contacted AT&T about the issue and they are sending me a brand new SIM card for the phone. I just have to activate it upon arrival by calling them.
    Ive been trying methods here on this article:

https://gettechmedia.com/signal-problems-lg-v20-smartphone/

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If AT&T believes the issue is with the old SIM card, then I believe you'll need to wait for the arrival of the new SIM card and see if that fixes the problem.