Lightroom 4 question on registration

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by The375Boy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. The375Boy

The375Boy New Member

walmart had full version of lightroom 4 for $79 student teacher edition... ( no im not a student) from when i remember they can only sell it to you if you show proof at the time of sale.Ii asked them and they said no we can sell it without me showing proof for that price because adobe verifies your student status... after purchase? i'm thinking theyre wrong and i have the abillity to get away clean with them selling it to me for student price... anyone have any knowledge if theyre right or wrong?

2. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Sounds like a load of crap to me, Can't really see Adobe being able to verify student status. Microsoft did something with the launch of Windows 7 where you could buy a copy of Office 2010 for like $40 for students, that worked by logging on through your college/uni's network and buying it through there; Apple does the same thing too.

Other than that i wouldn't worry, if you can get it cheap i'd say get running before they realise they're wrong :) Lying through your teeth isn't always a bad thing :p

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

I think Adobe give you 30 days to scan a copy of your student ID/course details and email it through. At least that was the case in recent times in AU